Complaint Review: Homevestors

• Updated: Thu, January 13, 2011

• Reported By: Latonya — Taylor Michigan United States of America
Homevestors
Taylor, Michigan United States of America

Homevestors Homevestors Rip-off-They offered me 30,000 and sold my home for 82,000. Taylor, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Investors

*Consumer Suggestion: I'm torn here...

In 2004, I sold my property to Homevestors. The property islocated at 9157Cloverlawn, Detroit, MI 48204. Prior to connecting with Homevestors, I lost both of my parents Bettye and Freddie, who were the original owners of the property, due to illness. They both died 5 months apart. Even though this tragedy impacted me severly, I still tried to hold on and stay at the house. I have lived in this home my whole life so I was determined to stay there.The next two years became unbearable and I had to make a change. I made plans to move to Georgia to start a new life. So I called Homevestors, because they stated that they offer money for ugly houses. I didn't have the money at the time to make necessary improvements to the house, so I thought maybe they could help me out. This was my first time every selling a house. I didn't realize that I was ripped off until I researched to see if the house was up for sale. Homevestors only offered me 30,000 for my home and they sold it for 82,000. I could understand if they made a 20,000 or even a 30,000 profit. They made a 52,000 dollar profit.(I didn't even get 30,000. After they deducted their fees, I left with 5,000 less than that). This let me know that they valued my home way less than what it was worth. I have been in Georgia since 2005. I just moved back in Michigan in Dec. 2010. Until I came to this website, I thought all was lost. I want people to know what they did was wrong. I want them to pay me what my house was really worth. I doubt that they put that much money into improvements. They tore down the garage and didn't even put up a new one. Let me know what I need to do to get justice against homevestors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2011 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homevestors/Taylor-Michigan-48180/Homevestors-Homevestors-Rip-off-They-offered-me-30000-and-sold-my-home-for-82000-Taylo-681396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homevestors

Investors

AUTHOR: xavier - ()

I agree that you had a serious loss and you ended up selling your property. Yes, Homevestors paid 30K for your home but you said there were a few things wrong with the home. Your complaint however, does not mention that HomeVestors spent money to repair and renovate the home and sold it for profit which they are in business to do. So I'm not understanding why this complaint is considered a ripoff.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I'm torn here...

AUTHOR: Just a normal guy - (United States of America)

On one hand, I feel for you. On the other hand, they're INVESTORS. They're in it to make a profit. They are not buying these houses to hold them and wait out the market, that's just not what they (or any of these home buyers) do.

If you agree to their price, then you agree to it. You can always turn their offer down

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC