Complaint Review: Honda of Tiffany Springs

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: Swafford — kansas city Missouri
Honda of Tiffany Springs
9200 nw prairie view rd kansas city, Missouri USA

Honda of Tiffany Springs poor service dept, takes advantage of females kansas city Missouri

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Service Issue was addressed

On 7/12/14 I had a scheduled appointment to have my oil changed & alignment checked on my 2013 Honda Accord. I had received an email confirmation showing what service I had scheduled and the price.  When I arrived, kyle Meyer (service advisor) said to have a seat in the lounge and he would get me as soon as my car was ready.  Approx. 45 minutes later Kyle came in and said it was ready to go, he then said it would be $68. 98, double the price I was quoted for my oil change and free alignment check.  When I asked for an explanation, he said they charged me $26.95 to rotate my tires.  I didn't authorize that, and was not told or asked about having that done to my vehicle.  He said, it's to late & nothing he could do.  I showed him my email confirmation and he said, " your car had a code on the dash so it needed to be done".  My response, "if my car has a code to replace the transmission do you just do it and not discuss it with the owner".  He just laughed, put his arm around me and said, " there's nothing that can be done now, you need to pay it to get your car".... I was furious!  I was in tears and just threw my card at him and said, "this is wrong and I'm not happy about this",  he just kept laughing.  He put his arm back around me & said, " your car is right over there"  I pulled away & walked out.

After getting in my car, I reviewed my email confirmation, turned around and went back into the dealership & spoke with Aron, the service manager.  He said, " what do you want me to do", I told him everything and he replied, " you make it sound like we are bad here & you didn't get good service".  I explained I would take this up with the owner and someone about him.  My husband called up there to speak with them and everytime he said his name they hung up on him.

I have chatted with an employee name Deanna T online & explained the situation to her, she gave me the name of the manager over service and said she would speak with him directly about the whole incident.  I keep leaving messages and can't get a return call.

I didn't authorize my tire rotation, it was never spoken of and I definately didn't asked to be touched by them.  Do not use Honda Tiffany Springs for any service, especially if you are female & by yourself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Honda-of-Tiffany-Springs/kansas-city-Missouri-64153/Honda-of-Tiffany-Springs-poor-service-dept-takes-advantage-of-females-kansas-city-Missou-1162213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Honda of Tiffany Springs

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Service Issue was addressed

AUTHOR: HTS - ()

It was brought to my attention that a service customer was unhappy about a miscommunication on service recommendations.  The service indicator on the vehicle indicated a service oil change and tire rotation, the customer stated to the technician to do the recommended.  The bill was for both services.

The customer later addressed the miscommunications and I forwarded the infomation to the service manager Dave and he had attempted several calls and I had left a messages as well before Dave got ahold of and spoke with the husband and and apologized and told him he took the charge off completely to satisfy the misunderstanding.  There was no intention to mislead customer at all and we do our best make every service visit to the satisfaction of the customer.