Complaint Review: Honda of the Avenues

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Deidra — St. Augustine Florida United States of America
Honda of the Avenues
11333 Phillips Highway Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Honda of the Avenues Lou Sobh's Charged me for a 150 inspection and did not do one. Sold an unsafe vehicle to a women w/ 2 kids. No break pads (metal on metal)!!!! Jacksonville, Florida

I purchased a car a few days ago that I financed for $15000.  In the total it clearly states that there was a 150 safety inspection.  Leaving the dealership getting over 60 mph the car started shaking so bad it felt like the tire was coming off.  Once I parked it I could smell metal burning by the tire from the breaks.  Took it to a mechanic the next day he says breaks very bad.  The dealership said they cannot do anything because this was a cash car and there is no money in the deal for them to put the car in the shop.  Thing is I already paid for an inspection that said the breaks for 8 out of 10 good, telling me it was a faulty inspection.  Also, I already paid for it so how are they loosing money?  And isn't it illegal to charge someone for a service and not provide one?  Not only am I entitled to a safe vehicle I have 2 children and at any minute that car could kill us.  The other question I have is, if this is a cash car but I still financed it doesn't the bank require them to put the car through an inspection?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Honda-of-the-Avenues/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Honda-of-the-Avenues-Lou-Sobhs-Charged-me-for-a-150-inspection-and-did-not-do-one-Sold-949975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Honda of the Avenues