Complaint Review: Hong's Usa Taekwondo, Soon Pil Hong, Phillip Hong

• Submitted: Sat, March 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 31, 2010

• Reported By:mishawaka Indiana
Hong's Usa Taekwondo, Soon Pil Hong, Phillip Hong
1118 Ontario Niles, Michigan U.S.A.

Hong's Usa Taekwondo, Soon Pil Hong, Phillip Hong Hong is known for his malicious attacks on his former instructors and students who left his organization! Niles Michigan

*General Comment: No Use For A Title

*General Comment: Real Master is Sonn Pill Hong

After reading all of the ripoff reports on Hong's USA, Hong hasn't changed a bit from his egotistic notion that he is ONLY one in Michiana area who is qualified to teach martial arts.

He is very well known for attacking his former instructors and students who left his school. They learned from him and when they leave he attacks them being a fraud. He also harrased his competitor (Sponseller's Academy). The ripoff said he inserted attacking flyers about Tiger & Dragon school. Hong did the very similar things to Sponseller's school before.

He claims he is athentic then the students and instructors who learned from are also ATHENTIC!

Hongs is spitting at his own face by saying that former students and instructors are fraud!!!!!!

I lived in michiana area all of my life. I know and have many friends went to Hong's school one time or other. Hong always taught taekwondo. I never once heard of him teaching gumdo or hapkido nor ever seen advertisement.
All of sudden he came up with gumdo certificate in late 1990. Now, he is 9th dan in gumdo and hapkido. That's very very fishy!

mishawaka, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hongs-Usa-Taekwondo-Soon-Pil-Hong-Phillip-Hong/Niles-Michigan/Hongs-Usa-Taekwondo-Soon-Pil-Hong-Phillip-Hong-Hong-is-known-for-his-malicious-attacks-436383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hong's Usa Taekwondo, Soon Pil Hong, Phillip Hong

#1 General Comment

No Use For A Title

AUTHOR: Black - (United States of America)

Ok, first things first. Grand Master Hong has a dream, to make the world realize real Taekwondo. Not the American "style." And I don't know how the hell you got the "He only teaches taekwondo" from your friends. Because ever since I was a little kid watching his commercials, I've always seen habgido and gumdo as well. And I was about ten years old then. (??? the ? makes a g and k sound at the same time in Korean.)

As a student of his school, I know he doesn't see me as a fraud.  I know he doesn't see his students that keep progressing on with their training as a fraud. He might of told a few that left early to start their own school frauds. But, We as students came to learn what we need to learn for our own reasons. Like self improvement for myself. And I've never been confidant in fighting someone with a knife or a gun like I have, since taking his class.

He feels that he is the only one qualified in Michiana, because he puts his effort into this art. But I can only imagine a individual such as yourself, a person who doesn't take just words.

I'll just leave it at that, because I know I got much better taking his classes as a fighter, a leader, and young man.

#2 General Comment

Real Master is Sonn Pill Hong

AUTHOR: KTO - (United States of America)

I have be doing martial arts for some twenty-five years, I am also a physical education teacher in the niles area.   I have been going to Master Hong's for almost ten years and find him to be one of the best Masters I have ever known, and I have known alot over the years!!!   Master hong is an ATHENTIC  Master of Taekwondo, Hapkido and gumdo!!!! I challenge anyone to show proof of any of these crazy alligations!!!!    Must be some of the other shady so-called masters around the area trying too bad-mouth a great Master!!!!  I will be waiting for any proof, and not just MUD-SLINGING!!!!!