- Report: #393674
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hoodia Plex Labs
Hoodia Plex Labs10161 Park Run # 150 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
Hoodia Plex Labs, Hoodia Complex Autoship Program Details Las Vegas, Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
When you request the free trial on their site, there are terms and conditions (that I'm guessing few people read) that specifically state that if you do not cancel within the trial period they will autoship a month's supply to you and will continue to ship until you call and cancel. It also states that for safety they cannot resell the product once they ship it to you, so they will not refund your money if you return the product.
Regarding any purchases made on the internet, my best advice to people is MAKE SURE YOU READ the terms and conditions before you check the box (or click order) to order a product. Banks & Credit Card companies often will not credit back your charges if a company can prove that automatic monthly charges were part of the terms you agreed to because they function like any other legal agreement - just because you failed to read it before signing or ordering doesn't mean that you are not bound by it. When I ordered (clear back in May), the details regarding the autoship program and automatic charges were in the "terms & conditions." Here is the exact language I copied out when I bought it:
"1. Return Policy
ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Packages marked Return to Sender, Refused, Attempted not known will not be processed or refunded. By hitting the Submit Button (order button) on our site shows you are aware of and agree to our return policy. Due to the nature of our products and to protect our customers we will not accept return products. We will not attempt to resell or restock any of these items.
2. Canceling: If you decide you do not wish to participate with the Premium Customer Program, simply contact us within 14 days from the date of the initial order. You may cancel by calling 1-800-597-8654 Monday Friday, 8:00am 4:00pm PST. I authorize the charge for my free supply plus shipping and handling of $5.49. I also authorize to be charged for the Premium Customer Program for $69.95 for a 30-Day Supply if I choose not to cancel. We reserve the right to make modifications and changes, at any time, to these terms and conditions that we deem necessary, without prior notification. "
When I ordered clear back in May 2008, these terms & conditions were on the site. Maybe prior to that they weren't? So, while autoship (& autocharge) programs stink, they aren't fraudulent if they are stated in the terms & conditions on the site you order from.
On the other hand, there are many hoodia products out there that do not work because they don't contain hoodia or the chemical in hoodia that works and it seems this is one of them. So, in the sense that it doesn't work for its intended purpose it would still be a rip off.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hoodia-Plex-Labs/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89145/Hoodia-Plex-Labs-Hoodia-Complex-Autoship-Program-Details-Las-Vegas-Nevada-393674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.