Complaint Review: HoodiaPlex Labs - Steelbridge Medical

• Submitted: Fri, October 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 26, 2007

• Reported By:Prescott Arizona
HoodiaPlex Labs - Steelbridge Medical
10161 Park Run Dr., #150 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

HoodiaPlex Labs - Steelbridge Medical - Lipoplex Internet ad stating "free sample" for $5.95 a few weeks later, they sent me a 60-day supply and charged my credit card $69.95 Las Vegas Nevada

Per an Internet ad, I ordered the "30-day sample" for $5.95, which was to cover S&H as a trial basis. Nowhere did I read that I was then obligated to notify them not to send me any more product. And when the sample arrived, it had no paperwork or documentation as to calling them to cancel as I would be billed in the future.

When I checked my online statment, Thursday, Oct. 25th, I noticed I had a charge from Lipoplex for $69.95. When I called the 800 number, on the bottle of product, it said to try again later, it was not in service.

I called my bank to reissue me another credit card and to ask them to take off that unauthorized charge. I then saw that on my online statement, Lipoplex had an 800 number listed. I called that number and a gal I got said, she could "cancel my subscription," but not refund or credit my account. She also said they would not accept the product back, even unopened due to some type of "product tampering law." I asked for a name and number of someone to speak to about this unauthorized charge, and she gave me an email address of info@steelbridge.com, to which I did send an email.

There is no fine print on the internet ad that I see or saw that states they would start sending more product and charging my credit card.

I hope this company will be stopped with their fraudulent advertising and business practice.

Prescott, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2007 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HoodiaPlex-Labs-Steelbridge-Medical/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89145/HoodiaPlex-Labs-Steelbridge-Medical-Lipoplex-Internet-ad-stating-free-sample-for-5-281061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HoodiaPlex Labs - Steelbridge Medical