Complaint Review: HoodiaPlex Labs

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Urbana Ohio
HoodiaPlex Labs
104161 Park Run Dr. #150 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

HoodiaPlex Labs BEWARE - product claims Oprah endorsed - Hoodia Complex with Green Tea scam offers "free" samples, for $5.95 S&H, then rips off credit card Las Vegas Nevada

I placed an Internet-order for a "free sample" of Hoodia Complex with Green Tea that claimed to be endorsed by Oprah for $5.95 S&H. 2 weeks later a full supply arrived in a blind mailing with no letter or invoice. I immediately investigated and found $69.95 charged to my credit card.

I did not order or authorize the shipment and called my credit card company. I was told that since I already "did business" with the company I had to first contact them.

I contacted the company and received a cancellation # but was told that no credit would be given because when I ordered the free sample I agreed to future shipments unless I called within 14 days. That statement was NOT part of the ordering process.

They claim they can't take back the product "because of tampering", blah, blah, blah. Well guess what...they ARE getting it back and I am pursuing this with my credit card company by filing a fraud claim and the amount WILL get credited back to me eventually.

I have since been trying to find the webpage I ordered from and cannot. The company is lying about the ordering terms and has either changed the page or removed it so it can't be proven what was on it.

Linda
Urbana, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HoodiaPlex-Labs/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89745/HoodiaPlex-Labs-BEWARE-product-claims-Oprah-endorsed-Hoodia-Complex-with-Green-Tea-sca-288843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HoodiaPlex Labs