Complaint Review: Hoovers

• Submitted: Sat, April 23, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 23, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — California United States of America
5800 Airport Blvd Austin, Texas United States of America

Hoovers D&B Company Hoovers is a Ripoff! I signed up for a month to month and was told I could cancel at anytime. Now they say I am locked in for a year! Austin, Texas

I recently decided to sign up for a Hoover's Database Subscription and was explicitly told by the sales agent that I was signing up for a month to month contract and could cancel at anytime. The sales agent was very high pressure and "up sold" a lot of the features.

Once we started to use the Hoover's Database, we realized that the quality of information was not anywhere near the quality that was sold to us and a few of the features that the sales agent mentioned to us were actually not included in the subscription we signed up for.

When we tried to cancel, they told us that we are on an annual contract and CANNOT CANCEL. THEY TOLD US THAT WE ARE LOCKED INTO PAYING THEM OVER $200 a month until our contract runs out.

We tried to elevate our case within Hoovers to get this resolved and were completely appalled at the response. We were told in a rather rude way, that they recorded all of our conversation and would review the tapes to see if what we were saying was true.

We have still not received any response after more than three weeks and they continue to keep billing us.

DO NOT USE HOOVERS! The data is poor quality, their customer service is appalling and they are dishonest. Not the way to run a business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2011 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hoovers/Austin-Texas-78752/Hoovers-DB-Company-Hoovers-is-a-Ripoff-I-signed-up-for-a-month-to-month-and-was-told-I-c-721241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hoovers