Complaint Review: Hoovers

• Reported By: jp50 — Georgia
Hoovers
Austin, Texas USA

Hoovers Dun and Brad street Breached my Contract Austin Texas

Hoovers is a terrible company to do business with. I signed a year contract for $300 per month with them and during the first 3 months I noticed that their data wasn't as accurate as they claimed it to be. But oh well, it worked for what I was doing with it. About half way through we were able to work out a good deal with them to get a large amount of credits, so we decided to upgrade, this is where it went array.

After the upgrade they doubled billed me for 2 months and when I asked for the money back they acted like they didn't do anything wrong. In fact they even ignored me for weeks, until I contacted the higher ups. Then they still didn't want to pay me my money back. Finally after a month of going back and forth I told them to forget it and that my company is cancelling the subscription.  Then miraculously they refunded me back, but it was too late for us, we took action and cancelled our card along with them as well.

This didn't sit well with Hoovers at all and they threatened me consistently for the rest of the contract subscription amount. They shut off our services and still wanted the money for the year, imagine that.  Needless to say we laughed at much to their expense and ignored their calls and letters. This went on for about a year, yes that's right- a year. Until they turned it over to a law firm that they use for these matters, being this happens to them a lot. This firm is out of NJ and are more intimidators than lawyers in my book, and will try to get you to pay.

At the end of the day they still haven't filed a suit and they won't, not for less than 3k, and even if they did I would be happy to show up and defend myself, but they won't because they know it would be a waste of their time and look really pathetic in the process.

Bottom line is, Hoovers is a piece of work, its too bad that they act this way in business and I blame their leadership for it. Its no question why everyone is leaving them and going to data.com or another competitor. As a company you have to treat your clients with respect and show integrity, but unfortunately Hoovers.com doesn't have either...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hoovers/Austin-Texas/Hoovers-Dun-and-Brad-street-Breached-my-Contract-Austin-Texas-1073346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hoovers