Complaint Review: Hope Now Financial Services Corp. And Hope Now Modifications LLC

• Submitted: Thu, March 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Hope Now Financial Services Corp. And Hope Now Modifications LLC
200 Lake Drive East Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hope Now Financial Services Corp. And Hope Now Modifications LLC BEWARE of Hope Now Financial Services and Hope Now Modifications Cherry Hill New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: HUGE SCAM! I was an ex-"employee" (even though none of us were being paid by Hope Now)

*Consumer Comment: It is illegal to take funds up front for modifications in California.You can sue Hope now financial services for your fees and more

*Consumer Comment: Whe you fail to the research - you get RIPPED OFF.

*Consumer Comment: Hope now saved my home

*Consumer Comment: Hope now Financial services proven to be a scam as I said

*Consumer Comment: Thats typical of Hope now financial services corp

Hope Now Financial Services a/k/a Home Now Modifications LLC contacted me about my upcoming foreclosure and told me they could reduce my house payment from $1706 to $1200 OR even as low as $850 (on my $182,000 house). All I had to do they said was mail them $1800 to prove I was serious and get them started. Let me tell you, warning buzzers started going off in my head (figuratively speaking of course).

FIRST (and I shouldn't have to tell anyone this but I will): NEVER NEVER NEVER send money to anyone who makes you a promise they will keep after they receive your payment. EVER. No exceptions. No respectable mortgage company would ask for up front money to begin working on your mortgage modification. The most they would ask for would be a copy of a cashier's check or money order to prove you had the money (and it shouldn't have to be made out to them, either).

SECOND if there is EVER an attorney involved in anything you are about to do, purchase etc., ALWAYS check the attorney's bar card number with the state bar where the attorney is licensed. They can tell you if there have been compliants.

THIRD if it sounds to good to be true, it is. IT IS. It just IS. Accept it and move on. Too good to be true is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. You would be amazed at the amount of evil, selfish, self-serving people in the world who are out to make a buck on those that are already down.

Check this out (they try to seem so legitimate). Hope Now Financial Services sent me this e-mail (HA and note his excellent usage of the english language):

Here is the documents I mentioned earlier. I also included an example of a Hardship letter for you but the one you have now is fine. Our web site is www.hopenowmod.com and the Attorneys email address is www.krkb.com . I also included a link to yahoo news, they did an article discussing the 75 billion dollar bail out and how the money is being used for the new modification programs. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to call or email.

Shawn Braxton
Counselor
Hope Now Financial Services Corp.
200 Lake Drive East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Toll Free: 1-877-467-3364 Ext. 5675
Efax: 1-206-339-8603

My response was this, "Send me the State Bar Numbers and state where each attorney is licensed to practice who is working on or will work on my loan modification". They did not respond.

Jojo in texas
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-Now-Financial-Services-Corp-And-Hope-Now-Modifications-LLC/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08002/Hope-Now-Financial-Services-Corp-And-Hope-Now-Modifications-LLC-BEWARE-of-Hope-Now-Financ-433524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope Now Financial Services Corp. And Hope Now Modifications LLC

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I worked there VERY, VERY briefly and left before the whistle was blown on Hope Now Financial Services. Everything I have read from another previous employee is true. They did "claim" that the Hope Now attorneys were in direct negotiation with the New Jersey Attorney General's office to make sure they were in compliance and preached this semi-daily to us. The fact that the NJ Attorney General is now suing Hope Now is clear evidence that they never had any relationship/communication whatsoever. They did also try to show us "completed" files, but I never really did see any concrete evidence or hear/read any legitimate testimony from any clients with a successful loan modification.

We all were being scammed, from the clients to the employees. However, NONE of us were employees, we were all 1090 Independent Contractors. BUT, we were all being lured by the potential commission AND the MAIN REASON WE REMAINED was we were being told that we were doing a GOOD THING for people who were in danger of losing their homes. We all BELIEVED we were actually helping!! I'm glad my own conscience and soul-searching took me in the right direction--to the exit.

I understand the concept and it really does APPEAR legitimate. But, I had a conversation with a woman who was laid off, could barely make her payments, could barely survive....and here I am calling to ask her for $1500.00. It was then that I started to REALLY look around and take into account why they'd press to accept half-payments, partial-payments, etc...they wanted ANY amount of money, PERIOD. And the worst part about it is that there is a LEGIT Law Office behind this operation. The bad part is that one would assume that with the backing of a law firm, it would legitimaze the entire operation. NOT SO!! I figured out then that it was a bunch of lawyers hiding behind the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. I figured out that if I was an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, how could the law firm technically be resonsible for MY actions??

I am only glad that I did NOT close with ANY clients. I TRULY did believe we were helping and I am a person who indeed feels good to help others. I am glad I do not have the suffering of another soul on my conscience since I did NOT close a single account during my brief time there. I only hope that those who were scammed will get their money back and save their homes.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

There are attorneys all over Cal wanting to take these people on.These people keep defending them pretending to be clients when they work there and are trying to clear there name.

Whe you fail to the research - you get RIPPED OFF.

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Go the Federal Trade Commission website www.ftc.gov

They CONSUMER PROTECTION INFO that relates to these scams.

like what questions YOU MUST ASK FIRST !

There is an article on consumeraffairs.com
NEW HOPE IS ONE OF THE COMPANIES IN THIS ARTICLE
New Jersey Cracking Down On Mortgage Fraud

Heres an excerpt
In the other two lawsuits, two unrelated companies in South Jersey Hope Now Financial Services Corp. of Cherry Hill and New Hope Modifications of Bellmawr are charged with selling loan modification services that never materialized, and with creating the false impression they were affiliated with a non-profit foreclosure prevention organization known as the Hope Now Alliance. Among other services, the Hope Now Alliance offers free credit counseling with federally-approved counselors.

if ROR removes link to this consumer info site - it consumeraffairs.com and search on mortgage fraud

Hope now saved my home

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

Hope Now Loan Modifications saved our house. The payments were over $3,000.00 a month. they brought the payments down to $1500.00 per month. We had not been able to may a payment from Jan. 2008 until Dec 2008. By all rights I was amazed they could save our home. I did send in 3500.00 dollars. But what they did for my family was great. Yes I talking about The Hope NOw in New Jersery.

Hope now Financial services proven to be a scam as I said

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

They have been charged as of last week with fraud.Suddenly after this they called me wanting me to sign a release not to sue them and then my refund would be returned.I have since spoken to an attorney.I have an answer for you guys now.NOT ON YOUR LIFE WILL I SIGN A RELEASE.I plan on suing them for every dime I can get.You have taken advantage of people at there weakest.See what employees are saying about the company on jobvent.com.They are pretty much confirming everything I have said about them.I will make them pay for what they put me and my family through.I hope Salvadore Puglia rots behind bars or rot in hell as far as I am concerned.

Thats typical of Hope now financial services corp

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

They really do lie.Did they tell you to stop paying your mortgage payments too? It's funny when you call there and it tells you to press whatever to speak to an attorney and the line just rings and noone will pick up.