Complaint Review: Hope Now Financial Services, Stephen Lord

• Submitted: Fri, March 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:Smyrna Georgia
Hope Now Financial Services, Stephen Lord
200 Lake Drive East Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hope Now Financial Services, Stephen Lord Mortgage Modification Loan Counselor Cherry Hill New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Steve Lord

*Consumer Suggestion: try this worked for me

*Consumer Comment: New Jersey Cracking Down On Mortgage Fraud

I sent all my paperwork to Stephen Lord to do a loan modification on my home that I live in and then unfortunately, I did a check by phone of $895.00 on March 3rd to process this loan modfication for my mortgage. They tried to use the same check number
a few days ago for the amount of $1,000.00. Fortunately, I didn't have that amount in there. I am a single gal trying to make it and have had medical costs and that's why I went this route.

I appreciate any help you can give me and get these people from ripping anyone else off !! How do I go about getting my money back? I put in a call to the Attorney General's office but got busy signals and a recording to hold on.

Wandalee
Smyrna, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-Now-Financial-Services-Stephen-Lord/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08002/Hope-Now-Financial-Services-Stephen-Lord-Mortgage-Modification-Loan-Counselor-Cherry-Hill-436023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope Now Financial Services, Stephen Lord

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: In The Know - (U.S.A.)

You are a client of the law firm... I would reach out to them and try to get you money back.... The number is (((Redacted)))

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I would like to start by saying that I left that company a few weeks ago due to the fact that the owner of the company stiffed me for my pay. I was not aware at that time that they were not completing the modifications. Over the past couple weeks I was maid aware that there were only a small percentage of the modifications were completed. Today I was told that there was a complaint on this site. I can honestly say that I don't blame anyone for the complaints about me, much less the company. Please know that the employees had no idea what was going on. I left on my own and had signed a no compete agreement with the company. That's why I didn't contact any of my customers.

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#8 Consumer Suggestion

try this worked for me

AUTHOR: Lorie - (U.S.A.)

if you are within 30 days of giving these people money, ask you bank to do a reverse transaction on this, I did it and it worked for me

New Jersey Cracking Down On Mortgage Fraud

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

I provided a link to the article on consumeraffairs.com
IF ror removes the link just go to that site and search
New Jersey Cracking Down On Mortgage Fraud

excerpt from article - make sure you read the entire article
In the other two lawsuits, two unrelated companies in South Jersey Hope Now Financial Services Corp. of Cherry Hill and New Hope Modifications of Bellmawr are charged with selling loan modification services that never materialized, and with creating the false impression they were affiliated with a non-profit foreclosure prevention organization known as the Hope Now Alliance. Among other services, the Hope Now Alliance offers free credit counseling with federally-approved counselors.

ALSO GO TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION WEBSITE - THEY HAVE THIS SCAM POSTED AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR TO SPOT A SCAM