Complaint Review: Hope Now Loan Modifications

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 01, 2009

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Hope Now Loan Modifications
200 Lake Drive East, Suite 200 Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hope Now Loan Modifications - Hope Now Financial Services Corp - HNLM Ripped off $1899 Refused to respond to my queries & follow up Convinced me they were taking care of my mortgages Cherry Hill New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: IT IS A SCAM - THERE WAS NO GOVERNMENT PROGRAM TO HELP HOMEOWNERS IN OCT

*Author of original report: Thanks to Tim for following up re Hope Now Loan Modifications

Hope Now Loan Modifications sounded so legitimate. Tim Tonczyczyn, the man who 1st made contact with me, told me that Hope Now was using the Gov. program passed in October to help homeowners like me lower the interest rates on their adjustable mortgage and get the mortgage refinanced to a 30 year fixed mortgage at an interest rate of about 5%. He said they could do this for the 1st and 2nd mortgage, even though I didn't live in the house any more.

I was sent a packet that included a list of the items that were needed to get the ball rolling. The list included a hardship letter, 2 years of personal & business tax returns, including W2 forms, 2 most recent pay stubs & 2 years of my corporate tax returns because I own my own company. There are many other items on the list, including the enrollment form and a request for $1899.00 to show that I was serious about wanting to re-negotiate my mortgage. I was also told that the money would go into an escrow account & not be used until I had accepted a renegotiation with the mortgage company.

I received a phone call from Hope Now in mid January stating that they had received all of my information and that I would be receiving follow up information about the progress of my applications every week to 10 days. This was not true. Not only did I not receive any follow up information but I could not get a phone call returned or an email returned when I tried contacting them.

I received an offer from my 1st mortgage company dated January 28, 2009 with terms different from what had been outlined by Tim when I made application in mid November. I faxed the offer to Hope Now Modification 3 different times to different fax numbers & different people with requests each time about what I should do (I had been instructed to fax any correspondence from the mortgage companies to Hope Now so their attorneys could follow up & more effectively negotiate the deals). I never received an answer and now, don't know if the mortgage company will still let me have the deal previously offered because the time line expired.

I have been calling them (Hope Now Mod) several times a day today (3/30/09) & last week and can't get to a person. When I enter the extension lines of any one whose name & extension I had, the message says that the mail box is full. If I press the extension for an attorney, the line rings once & goes to a busy signal. If I press the extension for customer service, the phone rings with no answer until it goes into the opening greeting loop.

My husband has been telling me for weeks that the whole thing was a scam. I have been so naive & trusting, I just didn't want to beleive him but alas, he was right. Now I don't know what to do to rectify the situation. I am trying to contact my 1st mortgage company but so far, have had no luck. I will contact my 2nd mortgage company & see if they will work with me to dig out of this mess that I allowed these creeps to get me into. I am so angry!!! If I can help anyone else avoid these jerks, I will happily do so!!!!

Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-Now-Loan-Modifications/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08002/Hope-Now-Loan-Modifications-Hope-Now-Financial-Services-Corp-HNLM-Ripped-off-1899-Re-439212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope Now Loan Modifications

IT IS A SCAM - THERE WAS NO GOVERNMENT PROGRAM TO HELP HOMEOWNERS IN OCT

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

and there still is not a GOVERNMENT PROGRAM yet - still being worked on...

CONTACT THE NEW JERSEY STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL they announced on March 16th they have a case against NEW HOPE for fraud.

I found this out in article on another complaint board consumeraffairs
ROR removes the link all the time

search the internet on loan modification scams 300,000 records...

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to Tim T. for following up with me on the Hope Now mess. I really appreciate the time and attention! I feel like I have a direction now!