Complaint Review: Hope Now Modification

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:massapequa New York
Hope Now Modification
200 Lake Dr East Suite 200 Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hope Now Modification I was ripped off -scammed- $ 1500 from Hope Now Modifications for services not rendereded Cherry Hill New Jersey

I had been out of work for 6 months and fell behind on my mortgage. I had heard about loan modifications and went on line and found Hope Now. I also saw their name mentioned in a monthly womens magazine so I thought they were legit.

I called and spoke to Derek Reid. He was so helpful- yeah right he was just a good salesman. Told me he had relatives in my town- I really trusted him. He took my financial information and told me that I would qualify for their program. I did not sign up with them at first, I had actually given a deposit to another company , but I felt more comfortable with Hope Now.- So I got a refund from the first company with no problem.

I received a fax with a contract stating that I had to pay $ 2000 for them to begin the modification. I spoke to Derek and He told me he knew that the money was a problem and told me to send $ 1500. I was told if they were unable to do the modification, I would get a refund - minus $ 500 fee for services . I sent my contract and money by Fed Ex.

After a few weeks I called to get an update on my account. I was constantly transfered where I left message after message. I then got an e-mail from derek stating that another law firm would be handling my account.

massapequa, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-Now-Modification/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08002/Hope-Now-Modification-I-was-ripped-off-scammed-1500-from-Hope-Now-Modifications-for-s-458323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope Now Modification