Complaint Review: Hope Now Modifications LLC

• Submitted: Thu, April 30, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 07, 2009

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Hope Now Modifications LLC
200 Lake Drive East Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hope Now Modifications, Hope Now Modifications LLC Still Ripping People Off Cherry Hill,New Jersey

* : Update

*Author of original report: Update, I found the law firm that was supposed to be helping us, in January.

*Consumer Suggestion: This company is NOT legal.They are currently shut down by the FTC and Attorney General

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: Run Quickly

*Consumer Comment: FTC case on Hope Now Modifications LLC

We signed up with Hope Now on January 26th of this year and were told that they would be able to help us modify our loan with lower interest rates, more years on the loan, get a fixed rate loan, and reduce the principle balance of the loan. We were told that this should be done within 30 to 60 days.

We have given them all of our personal information and paid them $2032 to put in 'escrow' as their fees for when this goes through. Once they got all our info and money we only heard from them 3 times to say they were working on it.

I have tried several times to contact someone and have not received a return call or e-mail. I believe they have taken our information and money and am very scared. My husbands pay was just reduced by 15% and I do not work. My husband supports myself and our two small children. We can not afford to loose this money or anything else.

We are able to make our mortage payments at this time but I don't know for how much longer. I just want my money back or for them to do what they said they were going to do. When I contact their customer service department as instructed, by the answering machine, I can't even leave a message, it instructs me to send an e-mail to which I get no response.

We have filed a complaint against them with the NJ BBB. The BBB has given them until today, Apr 30th, to respond to our complaint, which I am sure they will not do. We don't really know where to go from here. Please help!

Ryan
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-Now-Modifications-LLC/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08002/Hope-Now-Modifications-Hope-Now-Modifications-LLC-Still-Ripping-People-Off-Cherry-HillNe-447732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope Now Modifications LLC

#1

Update

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to let you know that it looks like the ARRA plan, that President Obama has put in to place, is going to help us save our home from foreclosure. After many road blocks, including a $2000+ payment to Home Now Mod back in Jan of this year, we were finally able to get our current mortgage company (Citimortgage) to start us moving through the governments loan modification program. We had a Freddie Mac loan.

Currently, the mortgage company shows that we qualify for a fixed rate of 2% for 5 years then will go up 1% every year until we hit 6%, which is where it will stay. Our payment has been cut by 17%, over $200 a month. This is a 4 month trial, while we fill out the governments paperwork and they process it. After our 4th payment, the government should have completed the audit of our paperwork to come to a final decision. They have the power to move our mortgage out to 40 years, or since our house is now worth less that we owe, they can forgive some of our principal. This is on top of the reduced percentage rate.

All of you who still do own your houses, hang in there. Try to work with your current mortgage companies to get on the governments modification program. Good luck.

Update, I found the law firm that was supposed to be helping us, in January.

All,
I found out the law firm that was supposed to be helping with our modification. If you tried to get a mod in January, the law firm was Oliver Griffin. Since no phone #'s are allowed, he is in NJ, look him up, area code 215. His VM says to contact his secretary, Toni, for imediate assistance, which I did. Her ph # is provided on his VM. She is collecting information, which I provided to her, for the FTC.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Nascar - (U.S.A.)

They used deceiving practices to take your money.They took my money in December and then started avoiding calls.You also need to contact the Attorney General office in New Jersey.This could be tied up in court for a while.

Update

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the advice. After I posted my original report, I did file a complaint with the FTC.

Run Quickly

AUTHOR: Tex - (U.S.A.)

These companies are legal, but are the most unconscionable financial services companies in existence. Cancel the contract immediately- they will do nothing for you. And you probably won't get your money back. Sorry for the bad news. Check out a reputable financial advisor like Dave Ramsey (he has a website) to hear of similar horror stories. These companies are scum, and prey upon people most in need of solid financial advice. Call the companies that you owe money to directly- that is the best way to re-negotiate payments. And DO NOT GIVE THEM ELECTRONIC ACCESS TO YOU CHECKING ACCOUNT- they will clean it out, renege on their word, and cost you more money in bounced check fees. Beware.

FTC case on Hope Now Modifications LLC

AUTHOR: Goldrush - (U.S.A.)

You might be interested to know that the Federal Trade Commission has a file on this company. The information is here: http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0923079/index.shtm

You should probably contact the FTC and report your experience.