Complaint Review: Horizon Carpet Cleaning

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:St Petersburg Florida
Horizon Carpet Cleaning
Saint Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Horizon Carpet Cleaning RIP OFF AND THREATENING BEHAVIOR, POLICE HAD TO BE CALLLED! St Petersburg Florida

Unbelievable business "bait and Switch" tactics.
I saw an ad posted by these guys saying "Special 5 rooms carpet STEAM cleaning for $39.95"
I decided to call them figuring they will upsell me chemicals and such and end up paying the going rate of $100 to $150.

This guy shows up, no company name on his truck, no company uniform or shirt, etc. and brings in this little portable machine which had NO way of making hot water, let alone STEAM!

He does this "sample" spot which did clean up decent.
The he tells me that it will cost me $352 to do the 5 rooms as the ad stated would be done for $39.95 !!!

I showed him the ad and he says to me "c'mon, do you really think anyone is going to clean your carpet for THAT price!"

I rebutted with the ad once more to no avail then I told him to pack his equipment and leave.
This guy then tells me he won't leave and needs to call his boss.I said again, pack up and GET OUT OF MY HOUSE !
Again, he refuses and starts calling his boss on his cell phone.

At this point, I had enough and dialed 911.
He STILL stands in my living room refusing to leave and continuing to talk to his "boss" on the cell phone.

Only after about 10 more minutes did he realize that the police dispatcher could hear him and was sending a patrol unit did he begin wrapping up his equipment.

This is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
THIS COMPANY IS BLATANTLY FALSE ADVERTISING, RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS AND USING "STRONG ARM" TACTICS TO BULLY CONSUMERS INTO OUTRAGEOUS PRICES!!!

I am personally reporting this activity and event to the BBB, the local Pinellas County Consumer Protection office AND, the local district attorney's office.

This company NEEDS to be put out of business!
Stand up for your rights!!!

Donner
St Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horizon-Carpet-Cleaning/Saint-Petersburg-Florida/Horizon-Carpet-Cleaning-RIP-OFF-AND-THREATENING-BEHAVIOR-POLICE-HAD-TO-BE-CALLLED-St-Pet-452837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horizon Carpet Cleaning