Complaint Review: Horizon Travel

• Submitted: Sun, March 12, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 11, 2006

• Reported By:Celina Texas
Horizon Travel
2229 Avenue J. Suite 105 Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Horizon Travel Aka Travel Club International Ripoff - Charged my American Express Credit Card Arlington Texas

*Author of original report: Settlement with Horizon Travel

My wife and I were pursed by Horizion Travel A/K/A Travel Club Internatioal Arlington, Texas and Tempe, AZ. to sign up for vacation discount travel offers. They promised a 3 day trip air fare and hotel to Disney World, Fl. if we would listen to a 90 minute presentation.

We went to the presentation (November 16, 2005) in a group seeting with 15 or so other couples and were immediatel set upon by 3 salesman. We were asked if we had a major credit card (in our case American Express) to bring that with us. We were told that they partner with American Express for additional discounts.

After much pressure and endured their closing techniques we agreed to have a look see at their promised discount saving travel program (thinking we could cancel on are before 3 days - cooling off period) and they immediately processed our card charging $2,778.00. It started out to be over $7,000 dollrs but they kept reducting their price as time went on.

We were than told we had to go into another office to pick up our travel "how to book" and it was than we were told we had to sign a contract. Still thinking we could opt out in 3 days, with salesman hovering over us we signed and agreement for their travel program (not having time to read before siging).After a lot of back slapping, howdy partner, glad to have you on board, etc etc we drove the 70 miles back to our home.

Next day we set down to review the materails presented to us and it was then we realized that their program was not what it was cut out to be. I Immediately returned all their materials - certified mail requesting that they refund my American Express Credit card for the $2,778.00.

They have not responded to my e-mail to refund. I asked American Express to return the charges to them (which they did and opened an investigation) and since have receive back response from Horizon travel that we signed an agreement for travel services (which we have not used) and they responded to American Express - we have what they call "buyers remorse".

American Express have rebilled our credit card saying it is out of their hands at this time. Amazing~

I since have found all of the previous complaints about Horizon Travel and others connected to the same ownership and it scares us to death to realize we have been duped.

I have recetly hired an attorney who will give them a 10 day notice letter and if they don;t respond with full refund I will: File a lawsuite in Collin County Texas, Report them to The BBB, Arlington, Texas, file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General Office, and request of local media, television or news to run a investigatve report on local channel 5 - NBC. I have found out sinc that they were reported on in a TV program of their underhaned selling pressure tacticts in 2004.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who have been Rip-off by Horizion Travel. Meantime beware of what you sign up for at the local shows. PS: Horizion Travel Sales and marketing team have contacted me once again to bring my wife to particiate in a vacation plan at their offices in Arlington Texas.. Guess what? I did not attend.

Richard
Celina, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2006 12:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horizon-Travel/Arlington-Texas-75009/Horizon-Travel-Aka-Travel-Club-International-Ripoff-Charged-my-American-Express-Credit-C-180682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horizon Travel

Settlement with Horizon Travel

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

After 6 (six) months of pleading, begging, threating certified letters, talking with and attorney I have finally received a partial refund on my $2778.00 membership investment which was originally charged to my AX card November 2005.. My files are 4 inches thick contating documents and correspondence to try and settle this matter. Horizion Travel contact is Randy Siverson, director of membership service. They reqired a "hold harmless agreement" to be signed by my wife and myself prior to processing our claim. Than it took them 14 days to process - noteing that it only took them less than one - minutes to process a charge to my credit card. Arthur of Arlington, Tx.