Complaint Review: Horse Tack Co, horsetackco.com

• Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:Duluth Georgia
Horse Tack Co, horsetackco.com
horsetackco.com Internet U.S.A.

Horse Tack Co, horsetackco.com unauthorized debit charge, horrible customer service Ripoff Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Update on Horse Tack Co-New Ownership

I placed about 50 online orders this Christmas. Every company but this one was helpful, truthful and accommodating.

With Horse Tack Co, not only did it take me about 30 calls and more than two weeks to get one of the items I specifically checked stock on that turned out not to be in stock after all, but now I've found out that they deducted an additional $34 from my debit card on Dec. 27, 2006, (two days after Christmas) for an item they shipped on November 30, 2006, causing my checking account to go negative.

When I called to find out what the charge was for, I was told it was because they didn't originally charge me the correct price for one of the items ordered. I received absolutely no notification via phone (they have all of my phone numbers) nor did I receive an email warning me that they were going to run my card for $34 right after Christmas. To me, that is just wrong and very bad business.

What makes matters worse, IMO, is their response to me when I questioned the fact that they didn't notify me was: "Too bad" regardless of the fact that I have a confirmation stating what was to be debited and what actually was debited from my account on November 30. In their opinion, it was my fault for not seeing their error.

I was told that I "should shop somewhere else" to which I told informed the "manager" that I planned to warn everyone I knew about their sorry customer service practices. Her answer to that was "Fine. Maybe that will make you feel better."

On a side note: This company has unanswered complaints with the BBB.

Nancy
Duluth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2007 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horse-Tack-Co-horsetackcocom/internet/Horse-Tack-Co-horsetackcocom-unauthorized-debit-charge-horrible-customer-service-Ripoff-228691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horse Tack Co, horsetackco.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Update on Horse Tack Co-New Ownership

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

Effective January 1, 2008, Horse Tack Company is under new ownership. As the owner of The Horse Tack Company website www.horsetackco.com, I can only apologize for the poor service offered before I took over the company.

To improve our service and reliability to our customers, the following changes have occurred. We have moved our business from New Oxford, PA to New Holland, PA. Our new location is both larger and more efficient than the original location. Since moving, we have a new management team and staff of employees servicing our customers. We have automated the internal systems, giving us better control over the time we need to process an order. We have added staff to improve personal service available by e-mail and telephone. We have streamlined our product mix giving us better focus and at the same time we have significantly increased our level of inventory to better serve our customers.

Although no actively growing company can be perfect all the time, over the last six months horsetackco.com has significantly improved the level of service and communication to meet our customer's needs. While we acknowledge our company's weakness of the past, and apologize to anyone who was not treated with the courtesy and respect deserved, I as horse owners around the country to give our NEW company and opportunity to serve your Equine needs, and to allow us to prove that we are a new improved company.

Christine Wise