Complaint Review: Horse sense Training & petting zoo

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: tex — sturgoen county Alberta
Horse sense Training & petting zoo
54410 range Road 255 St Albert, Alberta Canada

Horse sense Training & petting zoo Police Take horse away from Sonya St Albert Alberta

*UPDATE Employee: Lies & False Accusations

Police Take horse away from Sonya

From Horse Sense Training & Petting Zoo

Beware of Horse Sense Training & Petting Zoo May 12 2013 Police take away from 54410 Range Road 255 Sonya Steiner and Horse Sense Training & Petting Zoo For Abusing a horse not feeding it or water was at 46 dehydrated mare should be at 29. The mare has fraction on right lower just below the eye from 2 inch objected where the mare was hit. chain makes and scars from  where Sonya used chains on this mare abusing it. Horse was very thin and Blood all over its face when Police apprehended the  Horse was taken to nearby Rescue and treated by Onaway Vet Clinic DR. KIMBERLEY GREYDANUS and transferred to

DR. Sean  Archibald in critical condition. Dr. Archibald treated the mare and was released back to the recues. Charges are Penning on Sonya Steiner for animal abuses.

So Please beware of this lady Sonya Steiner and Horse Sense training & Petting Zoo.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 05:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horse-sense-Training-petting-zoo/St-Albert-Alberta-T8T-0T9/Horse-sense-Training-petting-zoo-Police-Take-horse-away-from-Sonya-St-Albert-Alberta-1050773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horse sense Training & petting zoo

Lies & False Accusations

AUTHOR: Christel C - ()

I'm a student that works for Sonya Steiner at Horse Sense Training & Petting Zoo. This is my fourth year working at this barn.

On Sunday May 12, 2013, I was at the barn when Kevin Peacock and Gary Anselmo picked up the horse: Sky Happy.

It was around 11:00 am, the time Sonya is normally at church, when I was in the office working on the Horse Sense website. The previous day, I was with Sonya when someone called her asking if Kevin could pick up the horse. Sonya very clearly stated that Kevin and Gary were not welcome on the property, but that they could send someone else to pick her up.

However, regardless of this, Kevin and Gary drove up on property at approximately 11:00am. At this time, Sonya told me to call the Morinville RCMP. While I was looking up the number, Sonya went outside and told Kevin and Gary they had to leave, because they're not welcome. They began calling her a "crazy lady", and drove back down the driveway. I called the RCMP, and Sonya asked what we could do about trespassing. They had to appear in court with Sonya because of this charge. Kevin and Gary NEVER charged Sonya for animal abuse. They tried calling the SPCA, and they did come to the barn. The officers that have come to Horse Sense since this event have not found anything wrong with the welfare of our animals. Call the SPCA, or an animal control cop in the area and ask them yourselves.

These guys came around the barn when Sonya is usually gone to church. If she hadn't been around the barn then it would have just been me, and I would've felt extremely threatened and uncomfortable by having these guys who KNOW they shouldn't be on property trying to take this horse. You would think that common sense would have told them not to come up the driveway. They could've called the barn and asked if we could bring the horse down to them off property like mature adults. Instead they decided to act like children, drive up to the barn and insult Sonya. It was extremely rude.

It was agreed upon that Kevin and Gary could pick up Sky Happy at the end of the driveway - off property - at 1:00, at the supervision of a constable. WE called the RCMP to arrange this. The RCMP officer was at the barn to supervise the hand off because WE called them. The horse was not "seized" from the property or from Sonya. This is a complete lie made by K&G so that they can make Sonya look bad. It's a sick joke.

To make the horse feel more comfortable walking away from her friends, we took her down the driveway with another horse. We did not have a chain on either one. I led Sky Happy, and Sonya led the other. On the way down, Sky Happy panicked when attempting to pass the emu, miniature cow, and goose. She pushed past me, nearly running me down, then reared and ripped the rope out of my hands. We were told that she is a kid broke horse. This horse could have seriously injured me.

After this, Sonya put a chain on Sky Happy, and was able to lead her down the driveway where the Constable, and Kevin and Gary were waiting. Sonya never once hit the horse or abused her with the chain. We took her down with 3 of the girls that were riding so that the horse would feel more comfortable. At this time, Kevin and Gary took the horse and loaded her into the trailer.

I was present at the barn for the duration of this horse's stay at Horse Sense. I personally brought food and water to the horse, under Sonya's instruction. This horse was NOT abused.

When being LED inside the arena at our barn she reared and flipped herself over - let me just note once again this was a "kid broke horse" that was being led around at a WALK inside the arena. Not being abused. What if a kid had been on her back when this happened? She could've killed a child!!! Regardless, she did hurt herself and the vet was called. Every time a horse gets hurt you can't accuse the trainer of abuse. That's an serious allegation and A FALSE accusation made by Kevin and Gary. She was NEVER hit by anyone at the barn or "ABUSED" with chains. That's just a bunch of lies and garbage.

This horse was treated with great care at Horse Sense. Everyone liked the mare very much, and helped out after she injured herself. I personally brought her food and water during her stay. So saying that she was neglected is an insult to everyone at the barn that worked hard to help her. She was drinking, and eating, and even when she arrived at the barn she had a slim-thoroughbred figure. She wasn't at Horse Sense for a long time, when you move a horse from barn to barn it can be stressful and this can result in weight loss. You can't expect her to put on 50 pounds in the span of 2-3 weeks, especially after she injured herself. Had the horse been at Horse Sense for a couple of months she would have been much healthier, as can be observed by how healthy all of the other horses are at the barn. Why would we neglect only one horse? This is clearly just a bunch of lies meant to ruin Sonya's reputation.

At horse sense we have 25+ boarder and leasers. And we have had many horses come through the training program this year. If Sonya abused horses none of us would be at this barn. I personally would've left a long time ago. But I have only ever seen Sonya treat horses with the utmost care. She knows her way around horses extremely well, and she cares about her animals immensely. It's ridiculous to read someone saying she would treat an animal in a poor way.

These statements made by K&G equine were made with malicious intentions, and are completely false accusations against Sonya Steiner. They are extremely serious and FALSE criminal accusations.

If you have read this false statement made by K&G/Spartacus Stables and are concerned, please remember to take the time to come out and visit us at Horse Sense. Please come and see the quality of care the animals receive, and see how healthy all of the animals are. Anyone can say things on the internet and spread all these lies like K&G but if you come and visit Horse Sense nothing can be hidden - you can see with your own eyes how we treat the animals.

Please feel free to email me as well if you have any concerns, and we can discuss the matter: volleyball.girlz@hotmail.com