Complaint Review: Horse sense training & petting zoo

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: kat — edmonton Alberta Canada
Horse sense training & petting zoo
54410 range rd 255 sturgeon county ab t8t 0t9 St Albert, Alberta United States of America

Horse sense training & petting zoo sonya She kills animals St Albert, Alberta

*General Comment: Outright lies and slander

*Consumer Comment: Horse Sense Provides Excellent Experiences for All

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False report by mentally unstable person

*Consumer Comment: Horse Sense is a Great Place

*UPDATE Employee: Dont Slam Horse sense if you do not know much about it!!

*General Comment: Horse Sense Stable

*UPDATE Employee: Horse Sense: A healthy happy place for your horse to be

I am writting this let people know not to take their horse to Horse sense training & petting zoo to board. Your horse dont get water or fed properly. My horse was always sick at horse sense. in petting zoo thier alway sick or dead animals laying thier. in pens or cages. so please do not go their. owner very  abuse of to animals and rides.

Thank for your time to read this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horse-sense-training-petting-zoo/St-Albert-Alberta-t8t-0t9/Horse-sense-training-petting-zoo-sonya-She-kills-animals-St-Albert-Alberta-974237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horse sense training & petting zoo

#1 General Comment

Outright lies and slander

AUTHOR: Shirley - (United States of America)

Who ever this coward is that wrote these horrific lies about horse sense should be arrested and charged with slander they are outright lies!!! I have boarded both my horses at horse sense for the past 7 years and know for a fact that Sonya always takes amazing care of all her animals and cares deeply for all of them. She is an amazing trainer who gives her help and knowledge to all newcomers willingly and freely. She has never and would never kill an animal or treat her clients badly either, you should be ashamed of your lies whoever you are ! someone who obviously has no life and nothing better to do than spread vicious lies about decent hardworking people such as Sonya. I am disgusted by your comments and take offence to it. How dare you make up such lies to try and ruin someone's reputation and livelihood SHAME ON YOU.

Horse Sense Provides Excellent Experiences for All

AUTHOR: Monica Thomas - (United States of America)

I have had my children's birthday parties at Horse Sense and my children have participated in the summer horse camps and riding lessons at Horse Sense. I have had nothing but excellent experiences at Horse Sense. My children have participated at summer camps at Horse Sense which has been the highlight of my children's summers. I have been witness to Sonya's expertise managing summer camps at Horse Sense. My children continue to reflect on their summer experiences at Horse Sense and they are already asking if they can attend next summer. The experiences my children have gained from Horse Sense has attributed to their increased self confidence and accountability; thank you Sonya. Keep up the excellent work!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False report by mentally unstable person

AUTHOR: HL - (Canada)

I am the owner of Horse Sence Training & Petting Zoo Inc. I have never had any business transactions with anyone named "Kat". This is nothing but a joke and someone who clearly has mental and spelling issues!

This facility is open to the public, so of course we want the public to enjoy the animals...which are alive!

Whoever you are you seriously need to learn to read and write and get more then a grade one education. And any coward can post any information anywhere at anytime...under any name...the above statements are false.

Please come and see the facility and animals for yourself.

And whoever you are...thanks so much for increasing the traffic to my website: www.horsesensezoo.com

Horse Sense is a Great Place

AUTHOR: Monica Thomas - (United States of America)

I believe the reports written about Horse Sense Training and Petting Zoo were written by a competitor of Horse Sense. I originally had two horses at the aforementioned competitor, namely K & G Equestrian. One of my horses died at K & G, so I moved my other surviving horse to Horse Sense. Horse Sense is a great place to go for riding lessons or to board a horse. My two children have been taking lessons with Sonya at Horse Sense for nearly a year and a half; I have been and continue to be impressed with Sonya's knowledge about horses and riding. There are times during her lessons when she raises her voice, but it's only to be heard as lessons are completed in a very large, indoor arena and sometimes Sonya has to yell to be heard. I have not heard Sonya yell at her students in a demeaning or bullying fashion. The main rule Sonya attempts to enforce, is for boarders to clean up after themselves and their horses which makes sense when running such a large equestrian operation. It teaches boarders to be responsible.

I have never seen or heard of dead animals at Sonya's. I have witnessed Sonya taking in rescue animals. She has often kept my horse in her heated facility as she was too sweaty to put out in the cold. I have never seen animals without good food or water. Sonya takes extremely good care of animals.

My experiences at K & G Equestrian were much less desirable. My horses had no shelter year round. They were kept in small pens that were full of mud and manure. Food was sometimes scarce so horses often fought over the food. One of my horses became sick, so she was moved, without my consent, to a neighbour's pasture. I called a vet to come and assess her condition; and it was at this point that Kevin from K & G informed me that my horse was probably older than he had originally told me (probably because the vet was going to tell me she was much older than 12). Kevin completed a lease-to-own deal with me telling me the horse was 12 years old. Sure enough when the vet arrived, he said my horse was over 25 yrs. old. Anyway, my horse's condition worsened and she died.

It should be K & G Equestrian that horse owners should be aware of not Horse Sense. Horse Sense is a great place to board your horse or take riding lessons.

Dont Slam Horse sense if you do not know much about it!!

AUTHOR: Horse Sense luver - (Canada)

You people cannot even talk about saying Sonya is abusive to kids and her horses. She treats them so well and saying that she does not feed or give her horses enough water is so not true!! I have took lessons with sonya and it was the most amazing experiance. she taught me so much and i never felt once threatened by her like you say your kids did! Her horses are all extremely trained well, are very healthy and great for little kids. I have been volunteering for almost a year and I love it at horse sense! It is like my second home and Sonya is like my second Mom! Also saying that you find dead animals in the pens is not true at all, all of her animals are took care of properly and get the love they need. You should not say stuff on the internet about peoples buiseness if you know little to nothing or your kid just told you. all of the kids i know that have been in the summer camps and lessons have came back for more lessons or even birthday paries! If you think Sonya correcting a horse is abusive maybe you should go to a slauter house and see what they do to the horses!

#6 General Comment

Horse Sense Stable

AUTHOR: Morganfancier - (Canada)

I have known Sonya Steiner for close to 20 years, and I can state that I have never seen her mistreat an animal, nor have I seen her have disregard for their medical care, feeding or stabling and safety.  I have personally had two horses trained by Sonya, plus I took riding lessons from her.  I get along very well with Sonya and I have always been treated with respect by her.  During the course of my horses' training, he was kept at her stable, so I was able to go and watch his training and I also received my riding lessons there.  Under her guidance and instruction, I gained confidence and skill which helped me ride my 'green'horse which had just been trained by her.  Sonya has worked hard her entire working career with animals .... she has trained very difficult horses, and I'm sure she has worked with difficult students, and Sonya keeps her goals in mind and she does achieve what she sets out to do.

It is very easy to disrespect people with accusations, but I am a firm believer that the truth will prevail.

I have respect for Sonya and I can tell you that she cares very much for all living things; both human and animal, and she has a lot of responsibility, which she takes seriously.

Thank you!

Horse Sense: A healthy happy place for your horse to be

AUTHOR: christel chattargoon - (Canada)

Sonya Steiner's family lies in the heart of each and every animal at Horse Sense Training & Petting Zoo. I have been worked, volunteered, and ridden here for three years, and have never seen any kind of abuse of this family.

Horses have access to high quality hay and mineral blocks during the winter time. In the summer, they rotated between pastures to ensure there is always fresh grass available. In these pastures there is water available. I am absolutely confident that horses had access to this water 24 hours a day.

The petting zoo animals are healthy and happy. Small animals are more susceptible to sickness, and as a result if one gets sick it tends to infect the whole group. Sonya Steiner has never abused an animal as is suggested in this report. Anyone that knows her understands she places the well-being of her animals above all else

Please remember to not judge a place before you have visited and can draw your own conclusions.

hotels