Complaint Review: Hospital Corporation of America

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Kenny1948 — Bayonet Point Florida USA
Hospital Corporation of America
14000 Fivay Rd, Hudson Fl 34667 Internet, Florida United States of America

Hospital Corporation of America HCA Bayonet Point Regional Medical Center Exhorbitant Charges Internet, Florida

Today I received my bill from Bayonet Point Regional Medical Center.  I almost had a heart attack!  The bills have been coming in, for emergency physicians, consulting doctors, x-ray, and lab work.

I went to the emergency room, because I was having multiple PVC's ( palpitations ) since I take medication for Atrial Fibrillation, I was not sure whether I was having another attack of Afib, or something else.  It turned out to be something else.  PVC's for the most part are benign.

However, they suggested I stay at least overnight at the hospital.  While there they asked me, if I wanted to have a heart cath performed.  Since my cardiologist wanted me to have it done, I consented.  I had the procedure the next afternoon, and was released late afternoon.  Originally I had been quoted approximately $16,000 for the heart cath on an outpatient basis.  They asked me about my financial status, I told them I was receiving Social Security and have a modest savings.  They said that I would be receiving my bill in a few days, and that if I paid within ten, I would qualify for a 40% discount.  Today I called, because I had not received a bill.  I was told my bill came to $32,554.93  this is considered their "charity" amount.  Since I have a savings, I likely do not qualify.  So if I pay within ten days, I get a 20% discount.  Now they say they never quoted me a 40% discount if I pay within 60 days.  I wish I had a recorder when they talked to me about it!  Ten Days, 20%.  That still leaves me with a $26,000 bill for a one day stay!  This does not include the ER room charges, or anything else!

This is Rick Scotts brainchild.  HCA was called Columbia Healthcare before they were charged with fraud by the US government.  A new name, but the same ripoff artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hospital-Corporation-of-America/Internet-Florida-/Hospital-Corporation-of-America-HCA-Bayonet-Point-Regional-Medical-Center-Exhorbitant-Cha-907065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hospital Corporation of America