Complaint Review: Hostelbookers.com

Nationwide United Kingdom
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Hostelbookers.com Hostelbookers - Confirmed hotel room but no hotel room when i arrived ! London Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Alan

On the 11th March 2009 I was due to stay at the Citi Park hotel in Manchester.

I booked this through Hostelbookers and had received an email confirmation of the booking from Hostelbookers. They also took a 10 deposit from my bank account.

When I turned up at my hotel, they had no record of me and advised me that they had several people turning up that day who had booked using Hostelbookers when the hotel had advised Hostelbookers that there were no rooms left.

I also had the same hotel booked for the 14th March 2009 through Hostelbookers and the hotel advised me that they had no record of me for that date either, even though I had an email confirmation of that booking from Hostelbookers.

My trip was when Manchester United were playing so all of central Manchesters hotels were fully booked. I therefore spent an extra 50 in taxi fares frantically travelling round trying to find somewhere to stay for the night. This was very stressful as you can imagine, and at one point I thought I may end up sleeping on the street as everywhere seemed to be full.
I eventually found a hotel which charged me 93 for the night, when my original booking through Hostelbookers should have cost me 30 for each night.

I would therefore estimate Hostelbookers cost me an extra 110 on my trip, not to mention the hassle and stress of trying to find accommodation at the last minute.

I have twice contacted Hostelbookers by email about this and they advised me that my deposit would be refunded. They have still not refunded me this !

I also mentioned compensating me for the extra 110 I spent due to their incompetence but they did not even bother replying !

I would strongly advise anyone against using this company ever, unless they wish to risk turning up somewhere and having nowhere to stay !

T j c
Derby, Alberta
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hostelbookerscom/nationwide/Hostelbookerscom-Hostelbookers-Confirmed-hotel-room-but-no-hotel-room-when-i-arrived--464451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hostelbookers.com

Dear Alan

AUTHOR: Hostelbookers.com - (United Kingdom)

Please accept our apologies for the non arrival of the two deposits paid for Citi Park. We arranged for you to receive a refund when you first contacted us in May but due to an internal error, the request was not properly processed.

Once you notified us of the mistake, we tried to contact you again and rectify this mistake as soon as possible.

With regard to the Citi Park Hotel, every booking made via our site is accepted in good faith on our part. It is included in the terms and conidtions of the property's contract that if they are unable to accept a reservation, they must immediately contact the customer and offer alternate accommodation.

Unfortunately, this property has not honored their responsibility to their customers. On their behalf, we would like to apologise for the disappointment and inconveniece you have been caused. We would also suggest you apply to Citi Park for compnsation as our records clearly state that you made a booking for the dates contested.

We're sorry that you had a bad expereince in this case but would like to reassure you that this is highly unusual and a result of the property not honoring their contract rather than a flaw in using an online accommodation provider to make your reservation.

We will be investigating the Citi Park Hotel's condcut in this matter and would like to assure that, in the interest of quality control, they would not continue to be listed on our website if we find their response to be unsatisfactory.

Kind regards,