Shakespeare

Complaint Review: Hostway.com

• Submitted: Sun, April 15, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 16, 2012

• Reported By: ProgrammerMan — Connellsville Pennsylvania United States of America
Hostway.com
Internet based Internet United States of America

Hostway.com Hostway Global Web Solutions Company activates auto renew even after turning it off. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: From Hostway

Domain names are set to auto renew by default and after switching them not to auto-renew several times, they are set to renew. I've paid to renew several useless domains and they refused to refund my money, claiming I'm the one who made the mistake. I even called to complain about it and I was told it would not happen again. I just got an email notifying me that one would auto-renew, so I logged in to find neither on or off ticked for auto-renew. I was sure to click off yet again, saving my settings, then re-checking, just like last time this happened. I'll be sure to check my bank statements online daily to make sure they do not sneak another charge in there. I ordered them to remove my card information from their site/services, but I'd be willing to bet they have not.

I do not suggest any web developer use Hostway. I moved all active sites to a popular competitor and have had no issues at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2012 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hostwaycom/internet/Hostwaycom-Hostway-Global-Web-Solutions-Company-activates-auto-renew-even-after-turning-i-868854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hostway.com

From Hostway

AUTHOR: HostwayCS - (United States of America)

Dear ProgrammerMan,

I am an employee of Hostway and would like to assist you with your complaint. Unfortunately there is not enough identifying information in your post for me to locate the history of your account or your most recent domain renewal.

I would like to assure you that we do not purposely change the status of domain auto renew preferences. I would like the opportunity to look into your past experience to determine why our system would have renewed a domain after you chose the option to not renew automatically. If there was some sort of system error which caused this, we would immediately refund the charges.

As the terms of this website state, I am not able to sign my name to my rebuttal or include an email address, thus making it more difficult to reach out to you. If you can respond to this rebuttal with either your domain name or account ID, I can contact you at the phone number/email address on file.

Hostway Customer Service Manager