Complaint Review: Hot Book Sales Or Smart Savings Center

• Updated: Sat, August 01, 2009

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Hot Book Sales Or Smart Savings Center
Internet, U.S.A.

Hot Book Sales Or Smart Savings Center Enrolled me in a "membership" and charged me each month on my credit card without my knowledge. Internet

I just wanted to let you know of abuse on my credit card though a unscrupulous company. A charge has appeared on my credit card from Smartsavingscenter and their phone number is 1-800-511-6538. When I called this number to find out exactly what is was for I was told I was a member of Hot Book Sales.com. I have never heard of this company. I was then informed that I purchased a book in 2008 "Water for Elephants" which I did purchase on line in 2008.

At that time I was "enrolled" in their book club for a monthly charge of $19.95. That is ridiculous, the book cost less than $10.00 I just wanted you to know that I have cancelled this "membership" which I never enrolled in. Below is a copy of the "cancellation" confirmation. Evidently I have been charged this amount for months.

Trying to find more information on this Smartsavingscenter or Hot Book Sales I have discovered that many complaints have been issued with the BBB and Internet complaint services. So F.Y.I. - Hot Book Sales says there is no way I can get any refunds and this all my fault. Lesson Learned- not to buy on-line.

Here is the "cancellation" email they sent me
-------Original Message-------
From: memberservices@smartsavingscenter.com
Date: 8/1/2009 2:30:35 PM
Subject: SmartSavingsCenter Membership Cancellation
Dear SmartSavingsCenter member,
This is a confirmation that your SmartSavingsCenter membership has been canceled.We thank you for giving us the opportunity to save you money on your purchases. If you have any questions about your membership cancellation contact SmartSavingsCenter Member Services 24/7 toll-free at 1-800-511-6538.Your membership cancellation number is 4181880.
SmartSavingsCenter.com
*********This is an automated email; please do not reply to this email.

Joan
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2009 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hot-Book-Sales-Or-Smart-Savings-Center/Internet-/Hot-Book-Sales-Or-Smart-Savings-Center-Enrolled-me-in-a-membership-and-charged-me-each-m-475583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hot Book Sales Or Smart Savings Center