Complaint Review: Hot Buns

• Reported By: VickiH — Chaska Minnesota United States of America
Hot Buns

Hot Buns RIP OFF SHIPPING/BOGO , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Hot Buns False Advertising

I placed my order and it did not give me a completed receipt with my total. I went back and replaced the order since I checked my bank statement and nothing showed. After several hours I finally got a confirmation email showing my total of $77.90. This is a buy one, get one free. I ordered 2 expecting the two free. What I got is 6 sets all charged at about $7.50 shipping charge a piece.

SO this little box that is going to ONE place, with 6 little hair pieces is costing me more to ship than the product itself! I called customer service after seeing this and was told that "Oh Wow! I see what you you mean! Call customer service in the morning from 8am to 10pm and they can access your new order and fix it." "So, they will refund that extra money immediately back into my account", "Yes!" But guess what? Customer service told me they already shipped it out and I will have to return the product I don't want, minus the shipping charge. WHO in their right mind would send a $10 product back and pay to reship all that back and get $10 back?

This is the first time I have ever filed a complaint and I have not even received my product! I am a 40 + college educated person and even I got scammed! I will make sure I pass this on to everyone that will hear!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hot-Buns/internet/Hot-Buns-RIP-OFF-SHIPPINGBOGO-Internet-1014426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hot Buns

Hot Buns False Advertising

AUTHOR: Jayme - (United States of America)

I ordered hot buns on December 14, 2012 and still have not received them (February 2013). I called the customer service number multiple times and was told that the item was backordered, which they don't tell you at the time of the order because they're too busy charging you double P & H rates for the free products that you're forced to buy.

I was finally told my product would come on February 12, 2013 and found out today February 15 that my order shipped but won't be here for another week and a half. On top of all this, the website shows a picture of 3 products- small, medium, large- and a person would assume that's what they'll get in their order.

This is NOT the case! The person on the phone told me the small & medium are the same now, so despite the fact that they show THREE, you only get TWO which is total FALSE ADVERTISING and is against the law. Something has to be done about this company, they are ripping off people left and right!