Complaint Review: Hot Movie Sales, Smart Savings Center

• Updated: Tue, March 02, 2010

• Reported By: Ediopia — Highland Indiana United States of America
Hot Movie Sales, Smart Savings Center
999 W. Yamato Road, Suite 100, Internet United States of America

Hot Movie Sales, Smart Savings Center I was robbed by this company!! I canceled my order & they billed me $19.95 for 3 months!!! Internet

I originally made an order with HotMovieSale on the internet & supplied them with my credit card information.  Within an hour, I cancelled this order.   I later found out that I was being billed $19.95 by Smart Savings Center for 3 months.

I attempted to cancel this and was told that I would not be billed but the charges were never removed.  I then had my bank investigate and have now received a report from my bank stating that they are unable to remove the charges since Smart Savings Center said the charges are "legitimate."

They "lied" and said I made an order with HotMovieSale and the order was on "backorder."  Smart Savings stated in their letter to my bank  that "It is their policy "not" to bill the customer until the order has been shipped."   Instead of telling the truth, that I had "cancelled" the order -  it was never on "backorder"  and, of course, never delivered.

Their records should also show that I called Smart Savings Center several times and was promised that I would not be charged since my order had been cancelled.  Also I have never been on their website as a customer!!   I have read so many complaints regarding this company!!  How are they allowed to continue to put on their web site false information and make false charges to consumers?   They are collecting a large amount of money with their bogus charges each month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hot-Movie-Sales-Smart-Savings-Center/internet/Hot-Movie-Sales-Smart-Savings-Center-I-was-robbed-by-this-company-I-canceled-my-order-576794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hot Movie Sales, Smart Savings Center