Complaint Review: Hot Movie Sales

• Submitted: Thu, November 18, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, November 18, 2010

• Reported By: Pat — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Hot Movie Sales

Hot Movie Sales Double charged Credit card for $24.63 after an attempt to sign in and buy one $5.68 movie, Internet

On October 8th, 2010 someone else had the exact same problem so be aware.

November 15, 2010 I was looking for an old PBS documentary and HotMovieSales came up. I fed in the information and it wouldn't take my credit card. On the third attempt they said that the sumission failed. I went to Amazon and bought the movie. The next day two charges for $24.63 appeared on my statement. I called the home office and the message said, "We aren't accepting phone calls!" I then called the number on the bank  debit and got the Philipines call center who said that this was just their procedure...........to officially make sure the CCard worked. They said, "It is just a hold!"  But I said, first, you indicated the submission failed.

Secondly who charged me twice for an amount that was 400 percent larger than the price of the movie. She said, "We will refund in 3-5 days!" If they take $50 from 100  customers and then hold it for a week, they have managed a cash flow scheme, that works off of others monies. At this time I have not received the money back. Be very careful. There is nothing about this group that works other than to garner cash. When I asked for a corporate number that would get me someone, they said they would transfer, then after holding they came back on the line and said, "No one is there. Sorry!" this was the 2nd time. The first time they just gave me their number and hung up! BEWARE! No one is in the office in Boca Raton, Florida that I can find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2010 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hot-Movie-Sales/internet/Hot-Movie-Sales-Double-charged-Credit-card-for-2463-after-an-attempt-to-sign-in-and-buy-663726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hot Movie Sales