Complaint Review: Hot Movie Sales

• Updated: Thu, September 24, 2009

• Reported By: Michael — Huntingdon Pennsylvania USA
Hot Movie Sales
www.hotmoviesale.com Internet United States of America

Hot Movie Sales HMS, affiliated with Smart Savings Center, Best Brand Values was offered a $5 disount, but by accepting was committed to a $19.95/month membership. Internet

I bought 2 DVD boxed sets, and was offered a $5.00 discount on one. But by accepting the discount, unknown to me, hidden in the tiny print, I agreed to a $19.95 monthly charge for a membership in BestBrandValues.

When my credit card bill arrived, I saw the charge for the DVDs, which was accurate, and a $19.95 charge I could not identify. I called HMS and was told of the membership. I explained that I had agreed to no such charge. I had no invoice. I was not notified that I was going to be billed. It simply appeared on my credit card statement.

The gentleman cancelled the membership, but would not refund my money. I received an email from BestBrandValues confirming cancellation. I called BBV and informed the lady who answered that I never intended to be a member, and asked how I was enrolled. She told me that BBV is the parent company of HMS.

Do not buy from Hot Movie Sales, Best Brand Values, or Smart Savings Center, unless you read every word of the fine print.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2009 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hot-Movie-Sales/internet/Hot-Movie-Sales-HMS-affiliated-with-Smart-Savings-Center-Best-Brand-Values-was-offered-a-500085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hot Movie Sales