Complaint Review: HotBookSale.com

• Updated: Tue, April 16, 2013

• Reported By: Lindsey — Fontana California
HotBookSale.com
999 West Yamato Road Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

HotBookSale.com HOTBOOKSALE I ordered a book online from HotBookSale.com and without knowing, I was charged $19.95 per month for the last six months for some bogus membership fee. Boca Raton, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: HotBookSale.com membership

I ordered a book called  "Creating Luminous Watercolor Landscapes" by Sterling Edwards. I found the low price on the internet and thought this is great. Sure enough, the book arrived in the mail and I was extremely happy with my purchase. Then the fraud part started happening. I noticed my Discover bill had a recurring charge every month for $19.95. I was totally unaware that this charge was being billed to my credit card every month. I never received an email informing of the charge so I guess HotBooksSale.com was extremely happy. I was being played the fool and I was raging mad. I called them up and demanded my money back and told them that it was fraud and that I was going to sue them for every dime. I demanded the name of the owner and the address and the phone number and told them my lawyer would be contacting them soon. They offered me three months of my money back and told me that if I wanted more to write a letter to the company and ask for it back. This infuriated me to no end and I got really mad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HotBookSalecom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/HotBookSalecom-HOTBOOKSALE-I-ordered-a-book-online-from-HotBookSalecom-and-without-knowi-1040999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HotBookSale.com

HotBookSale.com membership

AUTHOR: BBV Support Team - ()

Hello, I'm Jack from the HotBookSale Support team.

We take all comments about our products and services very seriously.

Please note that our membership program is optional and there is no obligation to join in order to purchase any of the products we offer. Also, there is no automatic sign up during your shopping experience with us. In order to become a member, you must first agree to the terms and conditions of our offer, which are clearly shown to you before you make a purchase.

Additionally, having a membership entitles you to exclusive money-saving benefits such as Free Shipping on your first order, $5 off the first in-stock item you order as a new member, up to 30% off regular product prices each time you shop, extra discounts every month and much more. Plus, you have access to DVDs, books, music, video games, posters, vitamins and more, all at deeply discounted prices. Also, you are free to cancel your membership at anytime, at no cost to you.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to offer products and services that our customers value. We ask that you contact our Support Team either by telephone or by submitting a support ticket so that we can help resolve any issue you may have with our products or services.

To contact us, please visit http://www.HotBookSale.com/support/

We also invite you to see what other customers are saying about our services, please visit our Testimonials page at: http://www.HotBookSale.com/store/testimonials.aspx

Sincerely,