Complaint Review: HotMovieSale.com - MARTSAVINGSCENTER.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Atco New Jersey
HotMovieSale.com - MARTSAVINGSCENTER.com
999 W. Yamato Road, Ste. 100 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

HotMovieSale.com - SMARTSAVINGSCENTER.com I placed an order with HotMovieSale for 1 DVD, completed the Shpg Cart info and reveived a note that the DVD was OOS; then received 3 emails from SmartSavingsCenter re: a $1.00 / month chrg to my credit card AFTER my 7 day trial membership, but it was chrgd the same day as the HotMovie order. can not reach them by phone to cancel before the 7 day trial ends. I've Tried to cancel the DVD. Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: hotmoviesale.com; smartsavingscenter.com

*Author of original report: SMARTSAVINGSCENTER.COM - HotMovieSale.com Boca Ratan, FL - Cancelled Membership via email 12/14/08

Doing a quick search for a DVD birthday gift, I clicked on HotMovieSale.com. Placed the order, and then realized that I had inadvertantly signed up for smartsavingscenter.com for free dvd's each month at a $1. charge monthly. which includes others great and fabulous discount coupons and savings, etc., etc., etc.

this was also said to be a 7 day trial membership, which can be cancelled by calling 800-511-3538 24/7 customer service. No person to speak with - only a recording of music. and there was an HotMovieSale.com Customer Service at 1-866-566-8437 number to cancel the order, but all i hear is the same music.

IF for some reason this is REMOTELY honest & innocent, they do not have the right combination! If it looks like a scam, waddles like a scam and smells like a scam then it is.

Bear
Atco, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HotMovieSalecom-MARTSAVINGSCENTERcom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/HotMovieSalecom-SMARTSAVINGSCENTERcom-I-placed-an-order-with-HotMovieSale-for-1-DVD-c-401252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HotMovieSale.com - MARTSAVINGSCENTER.com

hotmoviesale.com; smartsavingscenter.com

AUTHOR: Bear - (U.S.A.)

Disputed the smartsavingscenter.com Charge on my credit card - received a credit $1.00; received a "cancel membership" acknowledgement from smartsavings; used the hotmoviesale.com on-line email to "contact us" to cancel the order for the DVD; received a note - "that it might be too late" from hotmoviesale.com then in the same "send email" keystroke, I received another email from them saying "sorry for the shipping delay - we are out of stock.

today I received - "Your order has been cancelled, no charges to your card." I will continue to watch for additional "auto charges" that smartsavingscenter.com might try to add to my card before I cancel my card number for a new accout no. You just have to keep on it!

AUTHOR: Bear - (U.S.A.)

I Logged in to smartsavingscenter.com with the password provided and cancelled memebership. Just WISH (advice to others) that I had changed my profile info prior to cancelling!

I contacted my credit card to dispute the charge which appeared on my account 12/10 for $1. - I didn't know this would be charged, and secondly, if it's true that this is supposed to be a trial membership then I shouldn't have been charged - and they can't be reached by phone to cancel!

HotMovieSale.com is also unavailable to cancel the order, but on their site, there is a place to "submit" a ticket to cancel an order or to request a refund. I sent that in and received an auto-email acknowlegement.

I received an auto-email acknowledgement from smartsavingscenter.com that the membership was cancelled, and with the dispute lodged with the credit card company, I'll be watching for further charges that may creep in! Alsom in spite of the inconvenience, I will ask for my card number to be changed - and I will be emailing my friends regarding this abuse!
I appreciate the service offered by Ripoff Report. Finally, I feel like there are options to being scammed and having to just shrug it off! $1. or $30. - it all adds up to a few hours of work!! A tank of gas!!
Being dollared to death has to stop!