directions

Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

HotMovies.com bbv*hotmovies.com Movie Purchase SCAM Boca Raton, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not HotMovies.com

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Interesting

We bought a movie from this company for $12.98.  When my credit card came, there were three charges from this company, one for $12.98, one for $1.00 and one for $9.95.  I called to ask what the $1.00 and $9.95 charges were for and was told they were "membership" fees.  I demanded that my "membership" be canceled and that I be reimbursed the extra money charged to my credit card.  I was told that a reimbursement would be coming within the next one to two billing cycles.

Even if I get my money back, this company is using my credit card company's money for a couple months and gaining interest on that money.

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2010 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HotMoviescom/Boca-Raton-Florida-/HotMoviescom-bbvhotmoviescom-Movie-Purchase-SCAM-Boca-Raton-Florida-580499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HotMovies.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not HotMovies.com

AUTHOR: James Hotmovies - (United States of America)

I did a little more research and the company Keith is complaining about is Best Brand Values - www.bestbrandvalues.com using the URL www.hotmoviesale.com.

They are in no way associated to HotMovies.com

My lawyers have sent them a cease and desist letter and we're working on getting them to stop using our name.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Interesting

AUTHOR: James Hotmovies - (United States of America)

Hello Keith,

We pride ourselves on excellent customer satisfaction and all around customer service.

Our entire business has been built on not ripping people off. It is how we got where we are today as the largest adult video on demand company on the planet.

I'm wondering if you are confusing Hotmovies.com with another company. We don't have any membership fees or hidden charges of any type.

We are also based out of Philadelphia PA, not Boca Raton Florida.

Please let me know how I can assist you.

Have a great day,