Complaint Review: Hotel Mode

• Updated: Wed, May 28, 2014

• Reported By: Graphic Advance — Closter New Jersey
Hotel Mode
Internet USA

Hotel Mode Canceled Reservation Without Notification - Failed to Return All Funds Bayside NY

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Hotel Mode Ripoff

On January 16th, 2014 we made a hotel reservation with hotelmode.com. The reservation was for the Paris hotel in Las Vegas, NV. The reservation was for a stay scheduled from May 5th to May 9th, 2014. I called the hotel to confirm the reservation prior to our arrival. When I arrived at the hotel I was told that the reservation had been canceled. When I asked why the hotel could not tell me why but they recommended that I contact hotelmode.com directly because that's where I made the reservation. I called several times a day and spoke to multiple people including Sophia and Suzanne both of which told me that I need to speak to the owner / manager Jennifer. Never once had hotelmode.com initiated a phone call with me - they never returned my calls and I had to chase them throughout my stay while attending a conference. The Paris hotel let us stay there but at regular rack rates which were significantly higher. Eventually I spoke to Jennifer about this (took 3-4 days to get a hold of her). She promised me that she will refund the money we paid ($604.12) via a reverse credit card transaction and send us a check for the difference we paid to the hotel in the sum of $323.24. She said that she would mail that check to us - it's been over 3 weeks and we have yet to receive the check. I keep on calling on a daily basis - if someone does pick up the phone they are rude and basically nobody calls me back including Jennifer - I have not heard from her since. I have an email from her which was written on May 9th, 2014 saying that she would send us the check for $323.24. This is not how a professional travel agency should handle itself. Not returning phone calls, not responding to emails, not taking care of its customers, not committing to its obligations and so forth - just a terrible experience overall!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2014 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotel-Mode/internet/Hotel-Mode-Canceled-Reservation-Without-Notification-Failed-to-Return-All-Funds-Bayside-1150189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotel Mode

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Hotel Mode Ripoff

AUTHOR: Billie - ()

In Feb of 2014 I made reservations at the Aria in Las Vegas through Hotel Mode. I paid them 673.00 through a debit card and got a confirmation and travel voucher. On July 19th I called the Aria to confirm our reservation for a july 24th arrival. When we got to the hotel on Thurs July 24th the hotel stated that our reservation was cancelled and not paid.    We called the Hotel Mode # and no answer. The hotel gave us another room and we had to pay a lot more, including resort fee and taxes, which were included in the first transaction. We still can not get a hold of Hotel Mode. Very very mad!!!!!