Complaint Review: Hotel Plus Portal

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: Tompkins Family — Pompano Beach Florida
Hotel Plus Portal
Internet USA

Hotel Plus Portal Check in time 3 PM, Tried cancelling on May 7 at 1 PM and was told that I had to cancel 72 Hours before check in.I did and they refused to issue a credit per their cancellation policy. Internet

On April 15 2014 we booked a room at the Ocean Manor Resort. We thought that we were dealing with Ocean Manor directly, come to find out later we were not. We reserved a room for 1 night stay on May 10, 2014. On May 6 we learned that Ocean Manor chargeds $8.00 per vehicle to park which was not disclosed on the reservation.

On May 7th we decided to cancel the reservation. I called the hotel directly and learned that we used a 3rd party, HotelPlusPortal.com and had to cancel through them. The Hotel Clerk advised me that they do not have a cancellation policy.

On May 7 I made several attempts starting at 11 AM to contact HotelPlus.com and a live person would pick up and say "Please hold on someone will be with you shortly". I was left on hold between 15-20minutes before being pushed to a Voice Mail.  After making several attempts I finally got through to Rochelle and again she automatically trasnfered me to the person that booked the room. [continued below]....

.....

I asked if they would allow me to book another room to avoaid the cancellation fee and she responded that she had to speak  to her supurvisor and would get back to me shortly. Next thing I noticed I was sent to a voicemail again.

At this point I was frustrated so I gave up on the idea that they were willing to waive the 20% Cancellation Fee. I tried calling several more times with no success and a repaet of the above. FINALLY at 1 PM I got through to ROCHELLE and she rudilly stated that I was advised by the reservationist that in addition to the CANCELLATION Fee that I would have to pay a rebooking fee... That conversation NEVER happend, I was sent to voicemail and never was gotten back to.

Please be advised that 20% Cancelaltion fee was not disclossed at the reseervation. We learned about the 20% CANCELATION policy in the confirmation email after making the reservation.  If we were to CANCEL the same day we made the reservation we would have had to pay the 20% fee.

I wanted out and I figured I would eat the $73.00 cancelation fee. Rochelle told me that I could not cancell my reservation and I HAD to pay the entire $382.65 because I didnt cancell by 12 NOON. Rememeber I have been trying to cancell since 11AM but more importantly CHECK IN TIME was at 3PM on May the 10. I was still within the 72 Hour time frame and in ACCORDANCE to thier cancellation POLICY. The reservation CLEARY states the check in time is at 3PM. Hotel Plus Portal REFUSED to refund my money even though I was within the Policy. She said I had to of cancelled by 12PM which is simply not stated in the policy.

I imediately called the credit card company and placed a dispute. I am not sure the outcome as of yet but whatever you do AVOID Hotel Plus Protal and the OCEAN MANOR RESORT for using DISHONEST Reservation Company.

Please dont hestiate to contact me to learn the finale outcome.

Trenner J Tomkins, II

trenner@tompkinsfamily.org

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotel-Plus-Portal/internet/Hotel-Plus-Portal-Check-in-time-3-PM-Tried-cancelling-on-May-7-at-1-PM-and-was-told-tha-1144730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotel Plus Portal