Complaint Review: Hotel Plus Portal

• Updated: Sun, March 31, 2013

• Reported By: TYH — Haliburton British Columbia
Hotel Plus Portal

Hotel Plus Portal Extremely Unethical Slimy Business, Internet

I was looking for a hotel in Saanich, British Columbia near the airport because we were flying out early in the morning. My husband suggested the Driftwood and I then googled the Driftwood in Saanich, where hotel listings showed up on the left of the page and google maps to the right, I didn't see a phone number to the left so upon seeing a box pointing to Saanich in google maps with a website, I then clicked on that, checked out the rates and called the 1877 number. While booking a room I became suspicious that I was booking a room in Canada, because the person didn't know how to spell the name of my city.

After I gave him my credit card info I asked him "is this the Driftwood in Saanich, BC?" whereby he answered me "NO". Well I said I need a hotel in Saanich and to cancel the booking, whereby he said he couldn't and to call customer care. Well upon calling them, the nightmare began, very similar to Angela's story on this site. I talked to an "Adam", a "Talyor" and got the same responses, like talking to robots! After much waiting on hold, being transferred, being hung up on..... I was told there was no "grace period" and I would not get a refund, even though I was still on the first phone call when I realized the mistake.

I have now realized how trusting and lax I had become with using my credit card online. I will now be much more careful of the leaches on the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 11:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotel-Plus-Portal/internet/Hotel-Plus-Portal-Extremely-Unethical-Slimy-Business-Internet-1039583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotel Plus Portal