Complaint Review: Hotel St. Francis, Santa Fe, NM

• Phone: 5059835700
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Hotel St. Francis, Santa Fe, NM Parking Fine for $500, Santa Fe, New Mexico

Hotel St. Francis, in Santa Fe, New Mexico, allowed me to park my car in their lot where I received a $500 parking ticket from the City of Santa Fe.

As other cars where crowded in narrow spaces, my car wheels were over the line into a handicapped parking space.  I asked C, the hotel clerk, if this was acceptable.  He came out, he looked, and then he said yes. The next morning I had the $500 ticket, on 11/7/09.

.....0001pt; line-height: normal;">Other hotel employees and City police told me that tickets had been previously issued on the same space.  After moving my car, another car was parked in the space exactly as I had parked the day before.

I pressed Hotel St. Francis to intervene with the city to remove my fine.  Out of their intervention, the police directed me to the liaison for the municipal court where I wrote a letter begging for leniency.  I offered to pay the fine pending the hearing, but T, the court liaison, told me to wait until after the hearing.

Two months passed with two letters, the second letter notarized and sent by certified mail and finally they responded to give me a hearing.  J, the parking administrative manager, notified me by phone and stated that the fine was reduced to $250.  Would I accept it or would I appeal?   Somewhere in the conversation it was mentioned that the earlier liaison did not have authority, referring to my delayed payment of the fine???

I sent the payment for the fine, and asked for a receipt.  A month passed.  I sent another letter, notarized and certified, and finally received a statement of my fine.  It had been increased to $1000 before being reduced to $250!

I asked the Hotel St. Francis to reimburse me for the $250.  S, the general manager declined but did offer a free night if I should return to the City of Santa Fe, New Mexico.

I have obtained a list of tickets that were given over a two year period along the street for the hotel.  A listing shows 33 tickets for Disabled Permit $30,000 along Don Gaspar Street.   Also, 16 ticket for Disabled Other $13,000.

I will make a studied effort to avoid Santa Fe, New Mexico.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2010 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotel-St-Francis-Santa-Fe-NM/Santa-Fe-New-Mexico-87501/Hotel-St-Francis-Santa-Fe-NM-Parking-Fine-for-500-Santa-Fe-New-Mexico-596598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotel St. Francis, Santa Fe, NM