Complaint Review: HotelPlanner.com

• Updated: Mon, April 28, 2014

• Reported By: Swallow1 — St. Albert Alberta
HotelPlanner.com
Internet USA

HotelPlanner.com Rip Off, Exchange Rates, Lowest Price Guarantee Mean Nothing Internet

On April 24, 2014, I checked hotel rates for the Ramada Hotel in Creston BC, Canada.  According to HotelPlanner.com, theirs was the lowest rate ($403.12 for 4 nights).

A few minutes after booking through HotelPlanner.com I received notification that I was being billed in American funds.  This would explain why they were so much cheaper than the Canadian rates.

On April 24, 2014, I checked my credit card and noticed that I was billed for the whole amount, however, according to the HotelPlanner.com website, this is the Ramada's policy.

On April 24, 2014, I CANCELLED my booking through HotelPlanner and booked with a company that was charging Canadian rates.

On April 25, 2014 I received an email from one Carlos Diaz asking if I'd write a review concerning the service I experienced through HotelPlanner.  I promptly notified Carlos that I had cancelled my booking and gave him the cancellation number.  I further noted that I probably wasn't the type of customer who would give HotelPlanner glowing reviews.

On April 28, 2014 I checked my credit card statement online and noticed that, while yes, on April 24, 2014, I was both billed and then credited for my cancellation - it was short by $23.14.  Furthermore, I was not reimbursed the additional $1.13 that appeared on my credit card for no apparent reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HotelPlannercom/internet/HotelPlannercom-Rip-Off-Exchange-Rates-Lowest-Price-Guarantee-Mean-Nothing-Internet-1142395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HotelPlanner.com