Complaint Review: Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services

• Reported By:acquitaine Other
Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services
www.hotels.com Internet U.S.A.

Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services credit card, fraude Internet

I am of European nationality and living in France. I have not been in the US for more than 10 years, nor do I plan to do so in the near future,and therefore I certainly won't make a hotelbooking in the US. So I was very much surprised to discover a charge on my credit card accounts from IAN Travel Services, dated 12-08-2008 for an amount of 1657,36 in dollars, concerning a hotelbooking in the US. All my other charges are always in euro's, so I instantly presumed some form of of fraude. I called my credit card company and reported the charge as fradulent and immediately closed my account. Unfortunately, due to circumstances, there were more than 30 days past by, before I discovered the fraude, so I won't be compensated by the insurance of my credit card company.

The reason of filing my report is to make clear that, where it concerns Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services, you don't need to make an internet booking, in order to to be charged fraudulently and consumers should be aware that that this credit card fraude is a worlwide problem.

My money is gone, but the more consumers will report this kind of abuse, the more there is a chance of turning the tide ( I hope)

Ano. vic.
acquitaine
France

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 04:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom-IAN-Travel-Services/internet/Hotelscom-IAN-Travel-Services-credit-card-fraude-Internet-384905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services