Complaint Review: Hotels.com, Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotel

• Submitted: Sun, January 28, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:Jackson New Jersey
Hotels.com, Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotel
10440 North Central Expressways Suite 400 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 214-361 7311
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Hotels.com, Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hotels.com does not pay for hotel room, double charged for room Ripoff Dallas Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Regarding your double billing issue ...

*Author of original report: Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport is now Hilton, business practices remain the same.

On January 27, 2006 a reservation was made via the Spirit Airline website for the Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Although I believed the reservation was made via Spirit Airlines, I was apparently redirected to a site TravelNow.com that is owner by, or a partner to Hotels.com. My American Express shows a charge for $153.46 to Hotels.com that correlates to a non refundable room resevation for 6/29/06 at the Wyndham.

The Wyndham claims that they were not paid and I have been billed an additional $121.97 on September 27, 2007 for my stay at the hotel on 6/29/06. I disputed the charge with American Express but it has been rebilled. American Express has stated that after a reveiw of the information provided the charge is fair and must be paid.

I have spoken to Monique Patterson at Hotels.com and have left messages for accounting and tried to contact the manager at the Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport who as of this date have not returned my calls.

I cannot verify if the Wyndham was paid and is double dipping or if Hotels.com never really paid for the room. All I know is that I initally overpaid for a room at the Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport and have been forced to pay an additional $121 for the same room.

As of this date I have not been able to resolve this issue with any of the parties involved. Hotels.com is refusing to provide me with a refund and the Wyndham is demanding and has recieved payment.

James
Jackson, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2007 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom-Wyndham-Ft-Lauderdale-Airport-Hotel/Dallas-Texas-75231/Hotelscom-Wyndham-Ft-Lauderdale-Airport-Hotel-Hotelscom-does-not-pay-for-hotel-room-do-233135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com, Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotel

Regarding your double billing issue ...

AUTHOR: Hcom Ccare - (U.S.A.)

Hi, my name is Matt and I am a Lead Agent with Hotels.com Customer Care. My office is in Springfield, MO.

In regards to your complaint, it sounds as if you have a double billing issue. If I actually had your booking to be able to look at, I could provide some more information on what occurred and might be able to provide some resolution; however, given that you did not provide specifics, I can only advise you what the normal procedure is for double billing.

If we are not at first able to discuss the situation with the hotel and convince them that they were in the wrong to bill the customer directly, then we usually request that the customer fax us a copy of their card statement/activity showing the charge from the hotel for the same reservation dates. Our Double Billing team, especially designed to tackle these exact kinds of problems, then contacts the hotel to remind them of their contract with us, which clearly advises that they do not bill our customers -- we bill the customer and then they bill us.

If that still fails to convince the hotel to refund the customer, then we generally ask the customer to file a dispute with their card company of the hotel's charge. In such instances we are more than happy to provide advisement to the card company that the hotel erred in billing and should revoke its charge.

If, failing all that, the outcome is not successful, then we would certainly consider refunding the valid, applicable charge from our end -- but only after the previous items are exhausted.

I would encourage you to contact our Customer Care office at 1-800-568-1972, provide your booking or itinerary number, and allow one of our Customer Care agents to take a look at your double billing issue for resolution.

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

The Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport is now the Hilton. The name has changed but the business practices remain the same.