Complaint Review: Hotels.com

• Submitted: Sun, May 31, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:NILES Michigan
Hotels.com
Hotels.com Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Hotels.com Price Match Guarantee Not Honored Dallas Arlington Texas

*Author of original report: Hotels.com

*Author of original report: Hoels.com

I booked reservations with Hotels.com over the internet for a 2 night stay in Exton, Pa on May 24-26,2009. My Visa card was billed for $152.00 a night for each of the 2 nights.

When I checked out the hotel gave me a copy of a statement showing a charge of $129.20 a night for each of the 2 nights. Checking my Visa Account the next day I found I was being charged twice for the same room.
The hotel was giving a me a better rate.

I called Hotels.com and reported this and asked that they honor their Price Match Guarantee and refund me the difference between $152.00 and $129.20 a night, a total of $45.60. I was told that the hotel shouldn't have given me a statement with a lower price. Be this as it may, they did and I want my money ($45.60).

I called Visa and they put the Hotels charge of $129.20 + taxes a night in dispute and reversed the charge on my credit card. I am not certain whether this was a result of me or a Hotels.com representative contacting the Holiday Inn Express Hotel where I stayed.

Ken
NILES, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2009 04:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/Arlington-Texas-76006/Hotelscom-Price-Match-Guarantee-Not-Honored-Dallas-Arlington-Texas-457017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com

Hotels.com

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Settlement was made in the form of a coupon worth $50.00 valid for 1 year.

Hoels.com