Complaint Review: Hotels.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 10, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 10, 2012

• Reported By: Joseph — Gilbert Arizona U.S.A.
Hotels.com
10440 North Central Expressway, Suite 400, Dallas,, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 8002468357
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Hotels.com Hotels.com is an affiliate of EXPEDIA, INC. Reservatrions for stay in Manila was supposed 3 stars. It was one star. hote.coml did nothing, after phone calls and complaint their site email Dallas,, Texas

I arrived in Manila late at night on 1/31/11. The Hotel was of very low quality.
 The room was horrible. There were people in the hallways. Low income for sure. I declined the room. They cancelled the reservation.
Called hotels.com  and spent a long time before an agent said she made reservation at nearby hotel.
I went to that hotel, all the time the taxi bill was going higher and higher.
They had no reservation for me. It was past 10PM.
I  was forced to drive around to find a place to stay. Hotels.com was no longer going to allowed to mess up my trip and further. Taxi driver took me all over. I actually gave deposit at one place and then decided not to stay. It was not what I was looking for. I recalled a place to go. Taxi driver could not find it.... rip off by taxi driver too. I had all my luggage with me making this even more difficult.  7,000 P later I checked into a nice place with not help from Hotels.com.
I called and got no help. I was forced to use international number that cost allot of money. I used the on line format and sent them a complaint on their own site. I got nowhere.
I will never use them again. Their agents are given false information about the quality of places to stay. Wonder if there is corruption among those they use for ratings.
They never even apologized. They only wanted it all to go away.
My stay there was long. I called them again when I got to USA. Nothing.
They are the worst. Use hotels.com at your own risk. You know it is interesting. I do not get anymore solicitations from them. They know. Bet you bottom dollar they know and hope to avoid facing their incompetence, poor management and possible corruption.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/Dallas-Texas-75231/Hotelscom-Hotelscom-is-an-affiliate-of-EXPEDIA-INC-Reservatrions-for-stay-in-Manila-wa-851839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com