Complaint Review: Hotels.com

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Tennessee United States of America
Hotels.com

Hotels.com Fraud Internet, Internet

I wanted you to know that I have been having a terrible time recovering my money, after Hotels.com illegally took 120.80 out of my checking account.

My husband and daughter had to unexpectedly drive to New Orleans.  When there, they decided to get a room instead of turning around and driving back.  However, they changed their minds and cancelled their hotel reservation with Hotels.com and LaQuinta an hour later.  When they tried to call and cancel the reservation, the ongoing run-around began.

First, they were told that they had to have the confirmation number that was emailed to them.  My daughter told them that they were traveling and did not have access to a computer.  Once they drove back to the Memphis area, my daughter continued to check her email for several days, and never received a confirmation email.  During that time, Hotels.com took over 120. out of my checking account.  I called and told them that we needed our refund, and were told that LaQuinta charged them and would not give the money back, but offered me a fifty dollar coupon to use on a hotel within the next year (and they didn't even send the coupon).  Therefore, I called the LaQuinta manager, who said that they never billed Hotels.com for any money.  I then called Hotels.com back and confronted their dishonesty.  I was told that they could not reach the LaQuinta manager, but I could call back the next day.

I continued to call and was given multiple callous individuals that gave me the run-around, until finally a girl named Katie called La Quinta and confirmed that I should not have been billed.  However, she said that she could not refund my money because my husband's credit card number was wrong (though they had successfully used the number, that they had stored, to take/steal 120.80 out of our checking account).  I continued to insist that my money get refunded and she said she would pass it on to the accounting department and I would receive the refund in less than a week.

Tonight, after staying on hold for a very long time, AGAIN, I received another rude employee who tried to give me the run-around and said that my information was not correct, in order for him to speak to me...so, I asked for another supervisor.  The supervisor confirmed that her notes said LaQuinta never charged for the room, but said the credit card number was incorrect, again.  I asked her to call my husband to verify the debit card number (which they had used to take 120.80 out of my account in the first place).  She did and said I would need to wait another week before it was in my account.  To which I replied, that I would keep checking, and would contact the TV station, as well as her corporate office, with details of this miserable experience.

The woman lacked concern for the challenges I faced to recover the money stolen by Hotels.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/internet/Hotelscom-Fraud-Internet-Internet-969939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com