Complaint Review: Hotels.com

• Submitted: Sat, December 22, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Crawfordville Florida United States of America

Hotels.com Hotels.com tried to pull a bait and switch on me and still charged me a reservation fee and an additional fee they never disclosed. et, Internet

We made a reservation on hotels.com for my son's honeymoon.  After we made it, they said they had to be 25 to check in.  This was not disclosed when we made the reservation.  Then they said we could not cancel it without paying a cancellation fee even though we immediately cancelled.  I told them I would not pay a cancellation fee since they did not disclose the requirement that they be 25.  They then tried to send them to a vastly inferior hotel in a different city, not the beach.  I told them that this was a bait and switch and that they were in no way authorized to make any charge to my credit card.  Not only did they charge me a cancellation fee, but they also charged an additional fee that was never disclosed whatsoever.  I plan on turning them in to our state attorney general's office and other agencies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/internet/Hotelscom-Hotelscom-tried-to-pull-a-bait-and-switch-on-me-and-still-charged-me-a-reserv-985954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com