Complaint Review: Hotels.com

• Updated: Sun, June 15, 2014

• Reported By: superk — Winder Georgia
Hotels.com
Internet USA

Hotels.com Told i was booking the room i wanted ,only to be lied to and they booked a different room-no Refunds! Internet

I was directed to HOTELS>COM from Delta reservation desk. I told the reservation clerk that i wanted a certain room at a certain hotel in Paris. i specifically requested the Priviledge room with Eiffel tower view and he said yes he could book that. I ask him twice to make sure that it was indeed the room i wanted and he assured me that it was. After i paid, he sent me a confirmation and it was a basic room and no Eiffel tower view. I called them and they agree that i should get a refund as the reservation clerk did lie to me because they cant even offer the room i requested. But they said they would have to let me know about a refund within 72 hrs. I called back the next day and they didn't even have a record of me complaining the day before and again told me that yes i should get a refund as i was lied to by their reservation person. Then within a few hours i received an email that said they would not be giving me a refund and if i canceled i would lose all my money.

WOW OMG!!! they blatently lied to me and refused to refund my money. I am furious, So dont use HOTELS>COM at all because you will not be protected period. I did not book online but actually talked to a person at their reservation department.

BEWARE as you will get ripped off. They seem to be such a big company that they could care less about customer service

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/internet/Hotelscom-Told-i-was-booking-the-room-i-wanted-only-to-be-lied-to-and-they-booked-a-dif-1155011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com