- Report: #474666
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hotels.com
Hotels.comhotels.com Nationwide U.S.A.
Hotels.com I was charged a booking under Ian Services, Inc. for a reservation I did not make. Now they are giving me the runaround Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I returned home after a personal trip and discovered a charge from IAN Travel Services (which I have never heard of). The charge was for $161.14 When I called the number, I found out the charge had been made with Hotels.com, I have never created an on-line profile nor have I ever made a reservation through their system. I called my credit card company and reported the charge as fradulent and immediately closed my account.
I called Hotels.com 'Customer Care' back, informed them of the fraudulent charge and was told my file would be forwarded to their internal fraud department. I learned that the charge was for 2 nights in a suite at a hotel in NJ. By the end of the day, after talking with 4 different operators, I discovered:
1) There is no internal fraud department and my 'file' was never sent anywhere.
2) There is no 'tech support' who can help reset passwords or remove online profiles.
3) All supervisors and managers happened to step into a meeting every single time I called.
4) No one had the authority to do anything nor did they have any other contact numbers I could call.
5) No one was authorized to call the hotel to inform them that the reservation was fraudulent and not to expect payment. I later called the hotel myself and informed them on what was going on. They said they couldn't cancel the reservation until they received the appropriate paperwork from Hotels.com.
I asked the customer service rep if I could have the corp. # and she stated that there was no corp. telephone # for me to call. Right then I called her a liar because I had already received ther corp. # and dialed it, (which was 214-361-7311) they sent me back to the same customer service I was speaking with and went through the process again. I learned that no one in the Corporate office had been informed of any fraud nor was there any notation in my profile (that I could not access due to my not creating the profile) that any fradulent charges were made on a reservation. After being passed on once again. They act like this was all my fault and I know it wasn't. Since then I have learned that Ian or Hotel.com is doing this quite frequently and this is not fair.
My issues havenot been resolved thus far. My main complaint lies with their so-called Customer Care. Be assured I will never use Hotels.com for any reservation, even if their advertised rates are half what I find elsewhere. I don't trust the company or their employees.
Newport News, Virginia
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/nationwide/Hotelscom-I-was-charged-a-booking-under-Ian-Services-Inc-for-a-reservation-I-did-not-ma-474666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.