Complaint Review: Hotmoviesale.com

• Submitted: Thu, November 17, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 21, 2011

• Reported By: RIPPED OFF — Riverview Florida United States of America
Hotmoviesale.com

Hotmoviesale.com purchased 2 movies in 2009 and they charged 9.95/month for 2 years until I noticed Internet

*UPDATE Employee: HotMovieSale.com

I purchased 2 movies on hotmoviesale.com in Sept. 2009 and have been charged on my credit card for 2 years without my knowledge. It is only 9.95 so it doesn't stand out when you glance at your credit card bill. I have now paid over $200 for my 2 movies...what a deal??!

I would suggest that you purchase your movie elsewhere. They were also very rude when I called to cancel once I realized what they were doing.

This company is making a killing on unsuspecting people!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotmoviesalecom/internet/Hotmoviesalecom-purchased-2-movies-in-2009-and-they-charged-995month-for-2-years-until-798970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotmoviesale.com

HotMovieSale.com

AUTHOR: BBV Support Team - (United States of America)

Hi there,
I'm Jeff from the {HotMovieSale.com/BestBrandValues} Support Team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding your concern of automatic sign up, we do not offer a mandatory membership and you can choose whether to join the membership and order or whether to order without joining the membership. Also, the membership sign up is not automatic, and you have to agree to the Terms of Offer of membership on the checkout page to join the membership. The Terms of Offer are very clear on the checkout page and you have to agree to them in order to place the order and join the membership.

If you join the membership then you are entitled to many membership benefits like special $5.00 discounted price for first item, free shipping for first item and wholesale prices for all ordered items. If you had not joined the membership then these benefits would not have been applied to you.

We try to help all our customers to the best of our abilities. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us via Phone support,chat support or support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further.