Complaint Review: Hotwire, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, August 25, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, August 25, 2011

• Reported By: Corey Davey — San Marcos United States of America
Hotwire, Inc.

Hotwire, Inc. Hotwire.com Hotwire wouldn't refund my money after my dates were somehow switched Internet

I booked a hotel (Country Inn and Suites - New Orleans, French Quarter) on August 17, 2011 with Hotwire, Inc. for a vacation to celebrate my birthday (09/08). I paid on the internet. The dates I remember booking were for 9/9-9/11. All was well until I received an email on 8/24 stating that my booking was for 8/28-8/30. I immediately called as soon as I received this e mail to fix this error, of course! After speaking to the representative I was told that there was nothing that I could do because I had a "special rate" and that policy stated that the booking could not be modified or cancelled in any way. So, I continued to call Hotwire (4 more times) asking to speak to someone who could help. Finally, I got a supervisor to call me back and she also said there was nothing she could do! I tried even telling them I am STILL booking my hotel with them but that I just need to move the dates! I am NOT available during this time! I am a college student and have class! They continue to tell me that there's nothing that they are able to do. I decided to call the hotel managers who say that it is up to Hotwire, who then tells me that there's nothing they're able to do. I just want to rebook with the correct dates so that I can go! I'm not trying to get any money back - as a matter of fact, they can not even credit my bank account if they don't want - they can hold the money and let me use it to rebook. Moreover, I think that this MUST have been a glitch in their system! I have an account that I was signed into on their website - therefore if I was signed in, the dates I selected should have been saved! Please help me! I can't seem to get through to Hotwire and this is a HUGE problem!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2011 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire-Inc/internet/Hotwire-Inc-Hotwirecom-Hotwire-wouldnt-refund-my-money-after-my-dates-were-somehow-swi-769426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire, Inc.

definite