Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014

• Reported By: Anthony — Madison Mississippi
Hotwire
655 Montgomery St #600, San Francisco , California USA

Hotwire Terrible Dissonance between the "average price" and the price of room in Boston - 1309. Worth 379.00! San Francisco California

*Author of original report: THIS WAS RESOLVED BY HOTWIRE. I must say that I appreciated the promptness of their actions too.

What I saw today on the webpage for my hotel:  SAVE $948 I actually saved 11.00!

I booked the room, thinking it would be worth around 1300.00. I purchased for 359.oo When I called the hotel, they told me what the room was actually worth - 370.00. While this "meets" the "guaranteed low price" (I suppose - I haven't shopped around for a lower one), it is hideously out of sync with the comparative price. I read the fine print about this being the average price of the room in the "neighborhood," but upon further investigation, I could not find a comparable room in the neighborhood for more then 800.00. This just doesn't seem to work out for a room with two double beds "averageing" 1309 dollars. I called for a refund and was refused. I was told by Veronica, employee 1705 that she "understood" and "was sorry." I did not feel that personal forgiveness of Veronica was what needed to be given, rather a refund. I asked if she had the ability to grant the refund and she said yes. I am amazed that this type of price advertising can go on. It should stop. It's deceptive. At least it is in this "neighborhood." My Hotwire Itinerary number is 6124147090. And I would like a refund. But now, even more than that, I would like the deception to cease.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/San-Francisco-California-94111/Hotwire-Terrible-Dissonance-between-the-average-price-and-the-price-of-room-in-Boston--1131693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire

AUTHOR: AnthonyW - ()

THIS WAS RESOLVED BY HOTWIRE.  I must say that I appreciated the promptness of their actions too.

distinguished