Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Russ B — Nashville Tennessee United States of America

Hotwire Another rental car rip off, never again1 Internet

In June I planned a September trip to Minneapolis/St Paul.  This included air travel on Delta and a rental car.  I booked Delta online and then went to find a rental car.  I somehow was lead to Hotwire to get a "better rate".  The trip was for pleasure and I was trying to keep the cost as reasonable as possible, but this was the first time I had tried Hotwire.  I had used their service for hotels before and thought they were trustworthy.

Due to unforeseen circumstances the trip had to be cancelled.  With Delta that was no problem, I reused the ticket in July after paying a fee for the change - a reasonable policy.  However Hotwire makes it very clear that they do not allow changes or cancellations.  So now I have stopped using Hotwire for anything and notified the rental car company to terminate my frequent flyer card and I am also done with them for being a partner to a company like this.

Since I had to prepay they were able to use my funds for about four months and now they keep the entire amount.  Does this spell RIPOFF to you, it does me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Another-rental-car-rip-off-never-again1-Internet-939011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire