Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Reported By: Mary Jean — York Pennsylvania
Hotwire
Internet USA

Hotwire Bait & Switch Internet

I did the blind bid on Hotwire for a hotel with a 3.5 star rating and the price of the hotel was normally $134.  I ended up with a 2.5 star.  When I complained,  I was offered a one time refund & a rebook.  I was instructed to pick a hotel from their regular listing.   My "3.5 star" was $81 a night and the 3 star I picked was $93. I was informed I would have to pay the higher price.  Obviously they weren't interested in making it right.

Do not believe Hotwire's slogan  "4 Star Hotels for 2 Star Prices."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Bait-Switch-Internet-1141621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire