Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Tue, August 23, 2005

• Reported By:whittoer California
hotwire.com Internet U.S.A.

Hotwire Beware! HOTWIRE Low price Guarantee is a joke and a rip off Internet

After reading about Hotwires double the differance guarantee I went ahead a booked a hotel room in Las vegas, Nevada for one night. After I entered my credit card they sent me and email with the information about the room they had bought for me. (they don't tell you the name of the hotel until you pay )As soon as I saw the name of the hotel they booked for me I knew I could have book that same hotel on most other travel websites for less money.

I paid Hotwire $31.66 for the room and I found the same room, same date on another site for $23.64. I then went ahead to make a claim for the double the difference Guarantee that hotwire has on their web site. After waiting a few days I got and email saying they are only going to give me back $2.00 under the guarantee and not the 12.00 they owe me. They said there was only $1.00 difference in the price and not 6.00 as I showed them. When I said they, hotwire charged me $31.66 and another company would have been $23.64 they said that true but they (hotwire) adds in $9.99 service fee which is not part of the low price guarantee.

While they can lie and say they did the low price guarantee I still ended up paying more for the room then if I would have booked it elseware.

whittoer, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2005 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Beware-HOTWIRE-Low-price-Guarantee-is-a-joke-and-a-rip-off-Internet-154763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire