Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Submitted: Wed, June 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2012

• Reported By: traveling gal — Thousand Oaks California United States of America
Hotwire

Hotwire Discount travel deals, deeply discounted rates. We call these special rates Hotwire Hot Rates. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Market driven

Hotwire.com says it has deeply discounted rates and lead you to believe you are getting a great rate.  However, less then a month later when I looked at auto rental rates, they had dropped in half and I was stuck with a $700 rental car bill that was to be the best anyone could ever get!  I called my credit card company as well as Hotwire customer care and they will do nothing to give me the current cost of a rental car.  My rental car booking will not start for 13 days and they will not give an inch to give me the going rate.  Even airlines give you the better deal with $100 penalty.  I will be paying $380 more than I needed to because I thought I should book in advance.

Never book a rental car as a final deal.  I thought I was getting a deal and I got a rip-off instead.

I will never use Hotwire again and I hope a lot of people read this and are aware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Discount-travel-deals-deeply-discounted-rates-We-call-these-special-rates-Hotwi-900614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire

Market driven

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

That's the funny thing about supply and demand in a market economy.  Prices go up and they go down all the time.  For example, I paid $100.00 to fill my gas tank 2 weeks ago but this week it would only cost me $50.00.  Am I entitled to a $50.00 credit or refund??  Of course not.